Spsp 5/18/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spsp 5/18/14

First let me say that after two years of beating around in a Dicks Field and Streen kayak I finally listened to loupa5 and went and saw Dennis at BYB and got a Hobie Revo 13. So for its first trial loupa5, byakin, and myself went to SPSP to give it a try this morning. I have never been happier and now fully appreciate the Hobie power. We launched at 9 am from SPSP. The bay was a little rough and the wind was blowing pretty good. We tried bottom rigging and didn't have much luck. So switched to a little trolling. Loupa5 caught one and it spit the hook as he got it to the boat. Byakin also caught a small rockfish on a swim mullet. I was skunked. All was not lost since I was enjoying the new yay. I love the way the new yak handled the bay and look forward to many more trips out in it. Hope to see you guys out there.
    Robby
    2014 Hobie Revo 13
    12' Camo F&S SOT "Dirty Floater"

Welcome to the dark side. You'll never go back.

Mobile Phone
    Last edited by Goody; 05-18-2014, 05:37 PM.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

i went out in the magothy and caught 3 perch shallow and 1 pickeral..

glad u love the hobie..

you gota watch loupa haha drug me out at fort armistead in 4 ft seas telling me my paddle yak could make it hahah

great dude tho
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Welcome to the pack. Had a guy and his (I'm guessing) wife drift by me yesterday in paddle kayaks, with their poles in rod holders (hooks not in the water), and asked me how I liked the Hobie. Told them I loved it and wouldn't go back to a paddle for fishing. They said they'd never seen one in action, and couldn't believe how I was fishing so easily in the wind. Probably a couple more folks that will be getting peddle kayaks soon.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

I finally picked up my first Hobie PA 14 the other day. Want to take it out in the worst way but not feeling well. Hope to get out Sunday. I've had a Pungo, an Ascend, A WS Tarpon 140 and my Ocean Kayak Trident 13. All were Paddle Yaks until I got the Yak of my dreams. Ive been wanting one for the last few years. Daddy G convinced me a couple years ago by letting my sit in his PA for a few minutes on the Severn and peddle around. I fell in love and promised myself that I would get one. As I said earlier I am hoping to get out on Sunday most likely SPSP if I feel better... Anyone want to join in?
          Tom Brown
          Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
          2012 Hobie PA 14'
          Ocean Kayak Tident 13
          2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
          X