Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kayak Launch on Chesapeake Beach or Tilghman Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Launch on Chesapeake Beach or Tilghman Island?

Does anyone know of a spot to launch from Chesapeake Beach or Tilghman Island? If yes what are the hours of operation? I am hoping to make it to Stone Rock from Tilghman and hopefully back. LOL.

I am not sure, but you can launch for a fee at the marina at Chesapeake Beach, or you can launch from Breezy Point Marina just south of Chesapeake Beach. On Tilghman Island there are a bunch of places to launch that are free. I have launched from Claiborne, Dogwood Harbor, Lowes Wharf, Bellevue Landing, and Neavitt landing.

Comment

Thanks moc. You are very well informed.

Comment

This might help with Tilghman Island area launches... http://www.dnr.state.md.us/boating/talbot.asp

Comment

Chesapeake Beach is $5 to launch. Good parking and facilities.

Don Haller
          Chesapeake Beach, MD
          Blaze Orange, Jackson Cuda
          Don Haller
          Chesapeake Beach, MD
          Blaze Orange, Jackson Kayak "Cuda 14"

“There can’t be good living, where there is not good drinking.”
          – Benjamin Franklin

Comment

good luck! hope to see a report of that fish I know that youre after
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

If you want to skip the $5 let me know and you can launch from our beach Here (south side of railway museum). It's straight across to Tilghman, 10 miles.

Comment

frogsauce, we need to hook up. I live right across the street from you.(across 261), on Deforest Drive. I live at the top of the hill and my back yard looks out on fishing creek. I could trade kayak launches for good home brew beer if you enjoy good beers.I'm still a few weeks out from being able to get back in my kayak, but it won't be long, You are welcome to come visit and check out my rig and beer any time.
                Don Haller
                Chesapeake Beach, MD

– Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Biggrizzly View Post
                  frogsauce, we need to hook up. I live right across the street from you.(across 261), on Deforest Drive. I live at the top of the hill and my back yard looks out on fishing creek. I could trade kayak launches for good home brew beer if you enjoy good beers.I'm still a few weeks out from being able to get back in my kayak, but it won't be long, You are welcome to come visit and check out my rig and beer any time.
                  Oh yeah you do live right across the road. I plan on fishing this weekend (like almost every weekend), but more out on the bay. I would like to hit fishing creek (post harbor) sometime. And yes, I enjoy beers!

Comment

Thanks Grizzly.

Comment

Thanks Frogsauce. A sinus infection is interfering with my plans. I will take you up on that offer when I feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                        good luck! hope to see a report of that fish I know that youre after
                        Thanks Shady. I rarely get sick but I have a bad sinus infection and I may have to chicken out and stay in bed instead. Instead of a report I am going to post a photo from last year's deep sea fishing trip to NC.

Comment

You got a beautiful day. I'm on the mend from knee surgery, or I'd be out there today with you.

Don Haller
                          Chesapeake Beach, MD
                          Don Haller
                          Chesapeake Beach, MD

– Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Biggrizzly View Post
                            You got a beautiful day. I'm on the mend from knee surgery, or I'd be out there today with you.

Don Haller
                            Chesapeake Beach, MD

Biggrizzly I wish you a speedy recovery. For some reason I have sinus infection that's getting worse. I think I am going to stay in and look at pictures of past fishing trips as a consolation.

Comment

Working...
                            X