Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millers Island...has anyone fished that area...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millers Island...has anyone fished that area...?

curious if anyone has fished that area of the upper bay. rockfish would be the main target. thanks in advance to any input. Tight Lines & Bent Rods Always!! Phil

I put my kayak in at NPSP this morning. I saw no bait or birds working the area. There were two or three big boats trolling the main channel but they were too far away for me to see how they did.

My bucktail/gulp combo and X-Rap went untouched, but I salvaged the day with five channel cats on chicken livers.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    Chris

Pompano 120
    Pescador 10

Comment

Thanks for the info...do you fish the area much...I have heard there are rock to be caught in the cut between the island and the bay side of the island...was hoping just to get some info if anyone fishes that area. Thanks for your input it is appreciated!! Phil

Comment

My partner at work hits that area every year. Its a little early yet for rock there. He said the middle of June is the right time.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk
        Chris

Pompano 120
        Pescador 10

Comment

I have heard that can be productive a productive area...it holds fish...Kool like to fish it seems like a decent paddle ...I seen a launch rocky Point area Barrister Rd. Can also camp on the island...like to do that....launch Friday fish till Sunday morn then go home...

Comment

Check out Bills boats right there at the cut. A lot shorter of a paddle than from rocky point. Not sure if they allow kayak launching though. Ive stopped by a couple times but no one was ever around when i stopped. They have a ramp and a floating pier so should be an easy launch.
            I've been wanting to try there but have never made out there yet. All the new rock jetties are sure to hold some fish I would think.
            2013 PRO ANGLER 12
            2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
            X