Surprised at Ft. armistead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprised at Ft. armistead.

I went out looking to see if the perch are in. I hit all my favorite spot and found nothing so I started trolling a rattle trap on my light rod and hit 8 strippers.
    Attached Files
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Sweet!
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Outstanding!! Great day!! Nice to hear. Curious were they near the bridge or in the channel...? How deep did u find them today? How was the wind conditions? Congrats on a good day!! Tight lines & Bent rods Always!! Phil

Comment

All keepers? Nice! Looks like I might have to try out there next sunday...

Sent from the water.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice job! Gotta love a day of catching a bigger species than you planned for.
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by daddyg View Post
            I went out looking to see if the perch are in. I hit all my favorite spot and found nothing so I started trolling a rattle trap on my light rod and hit 8 strippers.
            Pretty awesome hooking up with 8 strippers, but if I did that my wife would have my head.

Congrats... sounds like a good day.
            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by YaknBass View Post
              Outstanding!! Great day!! Nice to hear. Curious were they near the bridge or in the channel...? How deep did u find them today? How was the wind conditions? Congrats on a good day!! Tight lines & Bent rods Always!! Phil
              Just inside the bridge 12' of water with a medium trap so between 3 to 5' deep.
              Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
              Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice work Mike. I hope the larger stripers stay around in places where kayak anglers can get to them easily and safely.
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Mike, thanks for the info, it is appreciated bro!! Tryin to get out there today if I can....be nice to have a day half as nice as yours ... Get hooked up with a few...!! Njoy the Holiday!!

Comment

Nice surprise. Way to hook up there on the unexpected. I need some of that.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                    Maui

Comment

Working...
                    X