shipping creek intel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shipping creek intel?

Next Monday, I'm planning on launching from shipping creek on Kent Island.
    First, if anyone would like to join me, I'm probably not hitting the water til about 11:30 (work first)

Second, I've never been there. Does anybody have any experience they'd care to share??
    It will be my first trip of the year. My first trip with my electronics. Humminbird gps/fish finder unit.

Of course, I'll be targeting rock, but wouldn't mind loading up on croaker, if there in. Do specs come up there?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Have not launched from there but have from good hands creek on the back side of Hogs Island with good results.

Comment

I launch there several times each summer with my center console. Typically I ride out into Eastern Bay then across to Bloody Pt or to Poplar Island.

There are lots of shallow shoreline areas in sheltered water near the ramp, but once you move away from shore, you are out in wide open water. If you go there, keep an eye on the wind and weather. I recall riding over to Poplar Island with 1 ft waves at my back. By the time I returned, there were steady 3-footers coming directly in my face. It was a long, slow, and wet trip back. There are several small islands to the east that are surrounded by broad flats. Because of this, power boats have a tough time getting there. If you can get there, you may find some undisturbed fish. Check out the Navionics page at http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp and zoom in to see features of the area.

Regarding specs, I read on another board of an angler catching a 21" spec in 4 ft of water near St. Michaels. That suggests that at least some specs are arrving in Eastern Bay. They are not thick enough yet to target them, but who knows when one will show up.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

thanks John and Harry.
        Maybe I'll take Harry's advice and launch form "Good Hands"
        ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Comment

Working...
        X