Where are you fishing this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are you fishing this weekend?

The missus works on Saturday, so I wanted to do a longer trip, but the forecast sucks. I guess I'll install my rod holders, put in a few hours at work so I could cut out early when the weather is good, and maybe do a quick trip to the lake on Sunday for some little bass and bluegill.

What is everyone else planning?
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

I going to check out a couple of E-Shore campgrounds
    Taylors Island and Janes island and maybe Kiptopeke.

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
      The missus works on Saturday, so I wanted to do a longer trip, but the forecast sucks. I guess I'll install my rod holders, put in a few hours at work so I could cut out early when the weather is good, and maybe do a quick trip to the lake on Sunday for some little bass and bluegill.

What is everyone else planning?
      Terrible weather forecast, so I'm with you- I am finished with all my rigging of the new Prowler, including the installation of the OK "Trident" suspended battery bag in my Angler, so maybe I'll just take so time to spray it with a good coating of WD-40 and wipe it down good. Weatherman is saying it will be 70 by Tuesday, so maybe next week we can get a break from the weather...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

probably hit the severn early sat and sunday. i can be comfortable in my truck, dont mind snow but cold rain sucks.

used to get good fishing reports from TI campground and im hoping to get there this year. JI is a nice place to launch and fish

Comment

Fletcher's on a boat in the rain tomorrow. Hope the wind forecast is wrong, it's a little boat. Report of a 50# striper caught Monday

Comment

I was thinking about going to piney run this saturday to try out my new hobie. The weather might stink but I will try for a couple of bass if I can handle the wind.

Comment

Close to home

Debating between Burke, Occoquan Reservoir or River, or The City Docks down in Fredericksburg..

Comment

Wow, you guys make me feel like a pansy.

TJ--I was thinking about hitting City Dock park or the Occoquan with my father for some early shad, but he definitely doesn't like to fish in crummy weather. Let us know how you do if you go.

ronaultmtd--Is the ramp at Gilbert Run park open? It was recently stocked, and I thought that might be a good option for this weekend.

Sam--are you fishing from the Navy area?
                Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                  Wow, you guys make me feel like a pansy.

TJ--I was thinking about hitting City Dock park or the Occoquan with my father for some early shad, but he definitely doesn't like to fish in crummy weather. Let us know how you do if you go.

ronaultmtd--Is the ramp at Gilbert Run park open? It was recently stocked, and I thought that might be a good option for this weekend.

Sam--are you fishing from the Navy area?
                  Yes, Gilbert Run is open- and if you are going, let me know- I want to try out my new Yak, but I don't want to without having an experienced yaker with me-
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

ronaultmtd--Will do. It's been a while since I've been there, but I remember seeing a lot of trout in the shallows opposite the dam after they stocked.

Capt C-Hawk--Good luck. If it's not windy, it should be great weather for shad fishing. I've had my best days when it was overcast all day.
                    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

thinking about the bridge on Sunday...the weather looks promising
                      Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Will almost certainly hit Lake Linganore for some freshwater. May or may not take the yak though. Depends on how windy and/or cold it is.
                        Digital Livewell

Comment

I am tentatively thinking of going to Jugs Bay on Sunday for 4 hours or so. may from 10am to 2pm. Anyone interested in getting their Yak out?

Comment

Wish I could...other duties as assigned.
                            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I would love to but its suppose to be pretty windy

Comment

Working...
                              X