Hauling a pro angler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauling a pro angler

I just got a pro angler and I was wodnering the best way to haul one in a pick-up truck. I need to move my boat all the way from Sykesville to the bay without breaking it or breaking my back. I have a Tundra with an 8 foot bed and a extender that sticks out 4 feet beyond my bed from the hitch. I figure with 10 feet of support the 14 feet of kayak will be stable but I was wondering how other people deal with both the weight and size of the pro angler.

Don't know about the pro angler, but the OK Big Game Prowler was enough for me. I have a trailex kayal trailer. It is light enough to also be a dolly.

Comment

i used to take my revo which is 13' i think in my truck with just the tailgate down with the only problem was my straping points. i ended up getting a bed extender which makes strapping it down a cinch. one strap across and i'm done.

I can also stick it on my roof, but that may be much with a PA

sigpic

Comment

PU w/hitch extender makes it easy .......

Comment

speaking from experience

the best way with a pick up is an extender that hooks up to your hitch mount . I used to lift my hobie pa on top of my exterra and it was a killer lift.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I am glad I got the hitch extender, it looks like its the way to go when moving a bigger kayak. Is there any concern about sliding the haul of the kayak over the metal tube of the hitch extender. Do you guys use a furniture pad or something like that to protect the haul?

Comment

Working...
            X