Looking for another Kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for another Kayak

I am looking for another Kayak just started using my Ascend D10T and like it but looking for another kayak that is a bit bigger. i looked at West Marine and saw a new one out front of the store. 11.5 ft Cayman. Nice looking built in rod holders behind the seat's, yea it has a two stage seat molded in one higher then the other and some other nice features. It has a 500lb capacity and is only 3lbs heaver than the 10ft Ascend. So I started looking at Dicks Sporting Goods and they have the exact same Kayak called Perception Sport Striker. Same everything and that made me wonder how they both could sell the same Kayak with different names? Dicks had some reviews and all were very good, West Marine had no reviews. The price At Dicks is $499 and at West Marine is $549 but comes with a $100 gift card. My question is which one has the best warranty and after sale support? Any input would be appreciated.

eyedaddy

Warranty? You're not buying a clock radio here. If you can get a better deal on one over the other and they're the exact same boat just get the cheaper one
    Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

My guess is that any warranty will be guaranteed by the manufacturer (Perception)... not the retailers (Dicks or West Marine). So you would be getting the same warranty no matter where you buy it.

FYI - here's a review I found on paddling.net.
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Thanks Buzz! That is what I was looking for a review that was straight to the point. I would like to try one out before I purchase it. The design does fit my needs but you really never know till you get it out on the water.
        Thanks again for the link!

eyedaddy

Comment

Working...
        X