Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Events,shows or Good local shops to look at new SOT yaks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events,shows or Good local shops to look at new SOT yaks.

I have not searched the board posts but wanted to ask where I should visit to see,feel touch SOT's. My buddy was looking at the Hobie Mirage and I want to see if for myself as well as other brands recommended too. My fleet of 4 SI Old Towns have been great but I would like to enter to SOT world.

Thanks in advance. I previously owned SOT would not be out of the question. That may be the way to go b4 forking out big bucks for a Cadillac.

Dave
    Deadwood (Dave)
    West River & Miles River
    2-Old Town Dirigo 12's,2-Old Town Vapors 10ft, 1-NWSlayer Propel13.
    If you dont go, you wont know, and you got to have bait in the water.

I have an Ocean Kayak Tetra and a spare Tarpon 120 you can test out. I launch from Chesapeake beach usually. Your welcome to tag along. I go a few times a week and typically post here when I am going.

Comment

Hudson Trail Outfitters is holding an outdoor demo day on Sat June 14 at Seneca Creek State park. https://www.facebook.com/events/232625000269059/ Representatives of the kayak lines that HTO sells will be on hand. I plan to be there helping out the Native Watercraft sales manager. I am scheduled to give a seminar on Getting Started in Kayak Fishing at noon that day.

Some of the local shops that are located near the water (e.g., Annapolis Canoe and Kayak, C.D. Dollar Outdoors in Centreville) offer rentals so you can try different models out before buying.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Backyard Boats in Annapolis has Hobie kayaks in stock, be a sure place to look at various models.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks for the replies Frogsauce and John.
          Frogsauce, thanks for the offer. Id like to do that when schedule permit.

John, I wish I could make Seneca but have conflict Jun 14th. Ill check out the shops you mentioned.

Thanks guys!
          Deadwood (Dave)
          West River & Miles River

Comment

I really like that Native Slayer Propel 13. Please give opinions and observations if you own one.
            Deadwood (Dave)
            West River & Miles River

Comment

Working...
            X