Alternate Put-in on Mattawoman Creek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Put-in on Mattawoman Creek?

It's been awhile since I have fished down in good ole Charles County. I remember I bridge over the upper part of the Mattawoman on MD-224, and a pull off for people to fish from shore I guess.

Has anyone ever put-in here?

Thanks!

Yes, I put in there a couple weeks ago. It's right at the intersection of 224 and 225. About a 100 yards downstream there's a tree across the creek and you have to portage around. Other than that it's a great access point. There's remnants of an old kayak launch in the water, looks like it's been broken for quite a while.
    -Mike
    Mike
    Feelfree Lure 11.5
    Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

This was from last year when I launch from the 225 bridge. I end up catch 3 snakehead and 12LM.

Just a little FYI don't launch off that area if it recently rained hard. See on the video how high the water was on the creek. Well it's B!tch coming back! HAHAHA!

Last edited by Berto; 06-10-2014, 06:45 PM.
      2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice vid.

Originally posted by Berto View Post
        This was from last year when I launch from the 225 bridge. I end up catch 3 snakehead and 12LM.

Just a little FYI don't launch off the area if it recently rain hard. See on the video how high the water is on the creek. Well it's B!tch coming back! HAHAHA!

what camera are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by MrT View Post
          what camera are you using?
          Thank you! I was my Nikon coolpix AW100.

Comment

I launch there all the time. Watch out for the poison ivy and the slick mud bank.

Chimo

Comment

Thanks guys, can't wait to fish it!

-Shinny

Comment

That video is great Berto. It really shows what fishing the top end of Mattawoman Creek is like. Such a fun place to fish.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                  That video is great Berto. It really shows what fishing the top end of Mattawoman Creek is like. Such a fun place to fish.
                  Thanks!

Tom do you remember that day? Where we had to get out of the kayak and pull up it the creek in chest high water because the water was so fast. HAHA!!!

Comment

I do remember that! Was that the same trip Jacob lost his paddle too?
                    Fishing was good that day, even with the muddy water conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                      I do remember that! Was that the same trip Jacob lost his paddle too?
                      Fishing was good that day, even with the muddy water conditions.
                      Yup it was the same trip!

Comment

Working...
                      X