shad,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shad,

Has anyone had any luck on shad in the susky.

I saw some reports on tidalfish that a couple guys caught some up there.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Just called Fletchers ........... shad and big stripers are in and doin real fine ..........

I feel that there will be a 1 week extention for the Fed budget and then a continuing resolution interruption (can't say furlough around here)

Fletchers is on Fed property and will probably be shutdown w/ the rest of the gov .........

sooooooo ......... if you want to fish fletchers for BIG fish ....... I'd go now ......

Why don't we think about Fletchers for Sunday?

Comment

fletchers

where is that location.

Comment

Originally posted by fjarhead View Post
          where is that location.
          http://www.fletchersboathouse.com/

By DC ........... but you'll probably catch more fish there this weekend than the Flats ............. next weekend will probably be the time for the flats ....... Water just hit the 50's this week ........

Comment

thats fine,

if you want to meet somewhere and convoy down that would be fine. what would be a good time to meet. or the park and ride at park heights ave off 695. or we could meet at white marsh.

Comment

Shad are getting thick at Fletcher's but never believe a place that sells bait. The friend I fished with last Friday to catch that big cat has fished Fletchers every day since then with only 1 striper @ 25#. He caught it yesterday on a live herring. Herring is the key for the big gals, if you have a live one they'll hit it. Problem is catching the herring. I fished with him again today and we only managed 2 herring. No rock caught or seen caught, but lots of guys catching hickories both with fly gear and spinning. We fished chunks of cut herring that he had from yesterday and the cats loved them. Maybe 20 or so up to 5#. Another beautiful day on the river. Water has climbed back into the 50's so it should explode any day. Even so, there's nothing better than jumping a bunch of shad.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
                Shad are getting thick at Fletcher's but never believe a place that sells bait. The friend I fished with last Friday to catch that big cat has fished Fletchers every day since then with only 1 striper @ 25#. He caught it yesterday on a live herring. Herring is the key for the big gals, if you have a live one they'll hit it. Problem is catching the herring. I fished with him again today and we only managed 2 herring. No rock caught or seen caught, but lots of guys catching hickories both with fly gear and spinning. We fished chunks of cut herring that he had from yesterday and the cats loved them. Maybe 20 or so up to 5#. Another beautiful day on the river. Water has climbed back into the 50's so it should explode any day. Even so, there's nothing better than jumping a bunch of shad.
                That's some excellent intel right there. Thanks Bob! You did catch a nice day for the river.

Comment

if you want to meet somewhere and convoy down that would be fine. what would be a good time to meet. or the park and ride at park heights ave off 695. or we could meet at white marsh.
                  How bout around 10 am ........ figure the afternoon would probably be better because of the temps and should allow for the rain water from today to wash thru (i guess) ........... can meet wherever is good for you since you have farther to travel ........

If there is a Gov't shutdown then we need to change plans since it will be closed .......

Comment

10 o clock

thats fine. It really doesnt matter to me. that will give me a chance to get everything in my box. If the government is shut down do you still want to go to piney run (they may be closed as well. )so for now, why dont we plan on meeting at 10 at white marsh Ikea store parking lot and then shuttle down from there or make a decision to go to another place. How does that sound

Anyone that would like to join us , is more than welcome.

Comment

thats fine. It really doesnt matter to me. that will give me a chance to get everything in my box. If the government is shut down do you still want to go to piney run (they may be closed as well. )so for now, why dont we plan on meeting at 10 at white marsh Ikea store parking lot and then shuttle down from there or make a decision to go to another place. How does that sound

Anyone that would like to join us , is more than welcome.
                      Sounds good to me ..........

I think it's still a little early for the Flats to get hot ....... it's just beginning there ........... looks like full swing @ Fletchers which is usually 1-2 weeks before the flats ........ so Piney Run trout might be fun .......

Anyone know if they stocked Piney Run yet?

Comment

If the government shuts down

[QUOTE=fjarhead;9100]If the government is shut down /QUOTE]

and the parks are closed, who is going to stop us from fishing?

Comment

[QUOTE=BadAssBass;9115]
                          If the government is shut down /QUOTE]

and the parks are closed, who is going to stop us from fishing?
                          Won't stop you from fishing ......... just access to the road getting to Fletchers ........... Fletchers said they would be closed but not sure if the road barrier would be down or the road blocked .......... wouldn't want to drive the 1 1/2 hrs and find it blocked .......

Comment

alternate plan

do we just want to go to piney run instead???? we could almost have a flotilla

Comment

Depends on if you want to catch fish or just paddle around .......... Piney Run is nice but the Shad are thick at Fletchers and the stripers are there too ........ He could come to Flethcers too .....

Besides ............. Badassbass says in 1 thread that he's getting the PA in a couple of weeks and then he says he wants to play with it to Sunday ...... it's not clear if he has it yet ........

You guys decide ......
                              Last edited by Memory Maker; 04-09-2011, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X