Best GoPro or cam mounting location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best GoPro or cam mounting location?

Here's a sample from this weekend. Not great. I was using the GP Chesty mount. It was just a little too close to the action. I am thinking about switching the the "over the shoulder" cam in the future. What do you guys like best?

http://youtu.be/m32B0cYSX3Y
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

I either mount the camera on the rear sides, using the Yakattack mounting pole. I can also use this to mount the camera up front, toward the bow of my yaks. Each location is just far enough to capture all of the action. A rigid mount will produce more stable shots IMO. The down side is not being able to readily reach the camera when its all the way up front. But remotes/wifi/bluetooth operation makes that a non-issue.

<insert witty comment here>

Comment

Nice rock IMO! What was the genral area where you were? I cant get enough vids of yak fishing. Thats another action on my list. GoPro capable.
      Deadwood (Dave)
      West River & Miles River
      2-Old Town Dirigo 12's,2-Old Town Vapors 10ft, 1-NWSlayer Propel13.
      If you dont go, you wont know, and you got to have bait in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
        I either mount the camera on the rear sides, using the Yakattack mounting pole. I can also use this to mount the camera up front, toward the bow of my yaks. Each location is just far enough to capture all of the action. A rigid mount will produce more stable shots IMO. The down side is not being able to readily reach the camera when its all the way up front. But remotes/wifi/bluetooth operation makes that a non-issue.

Thanks! I have a similar setup, just haven't tried it yet.
        Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by Deadwood View Post
          Nice rock IMO! What was the genral area where you were? I cant get enough vids of yak fishing. Thats another action on my list. GoPro capable.

Thanks! I was on the upper Severn. It's posted in the Boatyard if you want to check out the details.
          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
          X