Learned something new today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learned something new today

All along I thought by inserting an SD card into my fishfinder that my waypoints automatically saved to it. On my Humminbird 788, it doesn't unless you export to the SD card. It saves to the internal memory otherwise. If you have an issue, you may lose all your waypoints. I just backed all mine up on the computer after hearing that someone lost all theirs. That would be a nightmare! Just a heads up for everyone. It takes only a few minutes to do. It's a cheap insurance policy.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

I haven't figured out most of the functions on my Lowrance Elite-4 HDI, but I have an 8Gb Micro SD card in it. So far I've only managed to capture some screen shots, but I know it can log sonar onto the card. What I don't know, is how to pull that data for use on my laptop.

One of my first attempts...a tree lay down near the shore is the first one. I've gotten the noise cleaned up some by changing the frequency. As you can gather from the water temp, these were a couple months ago.

tree.jpg

Screen001.jpg

Screen002.jpg
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Humminbird has PC software that I downloaded. I just install my SD card with data from the FF that I saved to it, and the software recognizes the waypoints and downloads them. I viewed them on google maps which was pretty cool. I was also able to view screenshots like you're showing. Maybe Lowrance has the same kind of software.

Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

@Yak Fish... I see you have over a 1000 posts... so I imagine you must have read this thread...
        if perhaps you haven't, and for the benefit of the newbies... here's part of a discussion for viewing
        your log files on the NOAA nautical charts... takes a little learning to work with the programs. I use them all
        the time to plot routes on the maps, upload them to the FF, and vice versa.
        And all the programs are free and open source.

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ew-Yak!!/page2

Having charts and GPS on the FF I have found to be invaluable.

Comment

Originally posted by rob-kayak View Post
          @Yak Fish... I see you have over a 1000 posts... so I imagine you must have read this thread...
          if perhaps you haven't, and for the benefit of the newbies... here's part of a discussion for viewing
          your log files on the NOAA nautical charts... takes a little learning to work with the programs. I use them all
          the time to plot routes on the maps, upload them to the FF, and vice versa.
          And all the programs are free and open source.

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ew-Yak!!/page2

Having charts and GPS on the FF I have found to be invaluable.
          Thanks for the link. I missed this discussion the first time through.

Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Working...
          X