Anyone want to fish on 6/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to fish on 6/23

I have Mondays off. Perfect time for me but not for most. Anyone want to fish the Bay? Location does not matter.
    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
    Cobra Explorer

I am going out Monday morning. I was thinking launching at Broening Pk next to Harbor Hospital around 7-8 if you want. Or another location could be chosen.

Harry

Comment

Hi Harry,
      Thanks for response! Can you eat the fish from there? I see you live in Pasadena. Have you ever tried Downs Park? I hear it is nice there, and it would be a little more close to me in Upper Marlboro.
      Thanks.
      Peggy
      Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

It would be better to meet at Jonas Green and fish the Severn or Sandy Point State Park. I do not like the long hill down at Downs park to launch kayak. Could launch at Ft. Smallwood park md fish rock formation at mouth of Rock Creek although it would be closer than Downs pk still getting a distance from where you are. Your choice.

Comment

Peggy,

I live within a couple miles of Downs Park.

Harry is correct that the trek to the water is kind of long. Although much of it is paved, there is still a fair portion through sand to get to the water.

The other thing about Downs is that you are launching in a wide and open portion of the Bay. No protection from the wind is present and waves can get large on windy days.

Charter Captain Walleye Pete told me about the nautical term "fetch" during a recent outing. As he was describing the term I was thinking of Downs Park and how the waves can build force in the wind with no obstruction when coming across the Bay.

The last thing, and this is a good thing in my opinion, is that upon entry to the park you will be asked to identify your vehicle license number and file a float plan that lists where you are going on the water in your kayak. I don't mind doing that but some may object.

I wish I was free Monday. I would go out with you folks wherever you choose but I cannot join you tomorrow.

Good luck,
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Harry and Mark, thanks for the info about Downs park. It would not work for me either because my kayak weighs a ton and it does sound a bit hazardous. Sandy point sounds terrific, or Jonus is fine. I read recently where stripers are not at the bridge yet, but I like that park a lot. Either way, thanks for your flexibility, Harry. Name the spot and time and I will arrive.
            Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

Let's do Jonas at 7:30. If you really want to do Sandy point I can do that and meet at same time either one works for me.

Comment

Does Jonus allow any trailers at all? I have a small 12ft trailer to haul my Yak around.

Don Haller
                Chesapeake Beach, MD
                Blaze Orange, Jackson Cuda
                Don Haller
                Chesapeake Beach, MD
                Blaze Orange, Jackson Kayak "Cuda 14"

“There can’t be good living, where there is not good drinking.”
                – Benjamin Franklin

Comment

No trailers

Comment

[QUOTE=Biggrizzly;88044]Does Jonus allow any trailers at all? I have a small 12ft trailer to haul my Yak

Don, it dos not, but the parking lot is about 120 feet from the water and we could help each other with the kayaks. I have a cart too.
                    Peggy
                    Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

Looks like I will see you all in the morning at Jonas Green. Will be away from computer and phone till later tonight if you guys have any changes to location just let me know, if not Jonas around 7:30

Comment

Thanks Peggy, I can roof mount the yak on my Xterra, just a bit more difficult to load and unload with my bum knee. I'm chomping at the bit to get in the water. I haven't been in since last summer. I'm gonna do my best to get there. I'll be driving a burgundy Nissan Xterra with a blaze orange Jackson Cuda on top. I'd be happy just to get out paddling, fishing is just a bonus.
                        Don Haller
                        Chesapeake Beach, MD

– Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My cart will work well with your yak since is the same as mine.

Harry

Comment

I have one too, but always seems to slide off.

Don Haller
                            Chesapeake Beach, MD
                            Blaze Orange, Jackson Cuda
                            Don Haller
                            Chesapeake Beach, MD

– Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you all at Jonus at 7:30!
                              Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

Working...
                              X