I'm going to be an Aircraft Carrier Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to be an Aircraft Carrier Commander

Decided to go with the ProAngler and have done all but pull the switch. Just finalizing a few details.

Ryan at Easton is a can-do kind of guy and I like his attitude. I don't like drivin across the Bay Bridge and would have preferred buying closer but it looks like he can and will deliver what I want, ready to go.

The Pro Angler in Olive
    Hobie Live well
    Hummingbird 587 ci hd di
    Hobie HD Cart
    Anchor and Trolley
    Yak Attack light w/ flag
    Scotty Fly rod holder and mount
    Scotty Bait caster w/mount
    1 case of Raven beer

Everything installed and delivered.

I was thinking hard about getting yellow for the safety aspect but decided I simply didn't like the color - might change my mind yet. Would get dune but my Ride n135 is dune - and I 'm keeping the Ride for small mouth bass fishing and for extra skinny water.

I almost got the Lowrance Elite 5. It has great charts included that are much better than the Unimaps on the Hummingbird. However, I was dreaming about the DI images on the Hummingbird 587 and decided that o since I don't plan on being more than a few miles from the putout, finding fish was my primary need, and the GPS bread crumbs could get me back home.

Besides, I can always upgrade the Humminbird with the Navtronics map chip, can't upgrade the Lowrance Elite 5 to DI. (I could also buy the Lowrance DI model but it was much pricier - and I kinda like the Hummingbird DI display better than the Lowrance Di)

Still haven't car topped it, so may be in the market for a used trailer. Ryan has one if push comes to shove.

It will take a couple of weeks to get this turned around, could be fishing next weekend if I bought elsewhere but wouldn't have exactlyh what I want.

BTW, how many of you use live bait versus plugs and artificials? I bought the live well while the wife was in a permissive mood but could possibly defer this option. I never bait fish on fresh water but seems a lot of you fish live bait on saltwater.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. Hope to be fishing with you soon.

thats great, im sure you will enjoy it. another pro geezer i mean angler on the water let me know if you want to sell the ride 135

Comment

Now you only have to come up with an electric outboard setup and the membership fee for the Yak Yacht Club .........

Comment

Hey SurfDog, You Ride 135 Vulcher

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
        thats great, im sure you will enjoy it. another pro geezer i mean angler on the water let me know if you want to sell the ride 135
        Hey, I distinctly remember that it was you, when we were fishing one morning from the Navy yard near Sandy point, that seeded the idea in my head to get a Hobie.

Now I see it a was clever conivance, a puissant ploy, just to get your hands on my well-worn but beautiful Ride 135.

Well sorry to dissapoint you, you dastardly dude, but I'm keeping my 135 for small mouth fishing on the Upper Potomac, the Rappahanock, the Rapidan, and the Shenandoah - or the other rivers that would sink the ProAngler like an aircraft carrier moored in Hawaii on a December morning.

Thanks for the best wishes

Comment

busted

Comment

Working...
          X