conowingo discharge info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conowingo discharge info.

any body know the number to find out how many gates will be open. and what is a safe level to fish say from the mill to deer creek or lapidum?

888-457-4076

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/md/nwis/uv...60,00062,00054
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

heres a sight same bacically as above http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...phi&gage=CNWM2 ,basically you can see in the am its low and very fishable,when they opengates the water there rises very quickly,i fish that area every weekend when the number same they are opening 4 small and 1 large that ends up being about 30,000cubic feet a minute,QUITE A BIt of water....So if they say gates are starting to open at say 10 we start to head in around 9 30 to play it safe,that part of the Susky should no be under estimated when gates are open.just remember Lots of rocks just below the surface some can be seen by ripples others cant.
      Snow Camo Lure 11.5
      Pod mounted 30lbs trolling motor
      Hummingbird Helix 5
      Kayak fishing and inviting! Doing what I love!

Comment

thanks guys .yeah ive fished it before from a boat and know that place is no joke. thats why i wanted to get some data before i took the kayak.

Comment

888 457 4076

Comment

another good put in is right before you enter port Deposit,cross the dam ,right on rte 222 go straight down 222,Right before the road goes under the bridge into port deposit ,there is a gravel road and brick buildings,and a chain link fence,this gravel road leads to a park with boat ramp,free put for car top kayaks,it puts you above Lapidum right in the Port Deposit side channel and and easy paddle all around the islands up to the rock feilds and down to lapidum
            Snow Camo Lure 11.5
            Hummingbird Helix 5

Comment

i think i fished there years ago with a friend of mine and a rented kayak. i guess this time of year smallmouth ? perch? im sure catfish.any rock still around?

Comment

Originally posted by dpreller View Post
                i think i fished there years ago with a friend of mine and a rented kayak. i guess this time of year smallmouth ? perch? im sure catfish.any rock still around?
                http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...hing-Conowingo
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

I used to catch a ton of smallies every trip out there(10+years ago). Slow pickens now. Maybe I've just lost my touch.?
                  Native Slayer 12
                  Native Ultimate

Comment

been catch a few little ones just about every trip,striper bite slowed a little this weekend,catfish were on fire.caught a few on top water lures
                    Snow Camo Lure 11.5
                    Hummingbird Helix 5

Comment

I curse the catfish, but at the same time, if it weren't for them, I'd have rather boring outings. Those things attack everything.
                      Native Slayer 12
                      Native Ultimate

Comment

me to but only when targetting stripers,thet taste good though
                        Snow Camo Lure 11.5
                        Hummingbird Helix 5

Comment

Working...
                        X