Fishbites quality downgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishbites quality downgrade

Recently got a new bag of fishbites and they don't seem as good as they used to be. They no longer have the impossible to remove from the hook mesh and seem to disintegrate faster and just fall off the hook. Has anyone else noticed this? Did I just get a bad bag?

Sent from the water.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

I noticed the same thing. I also noticed that I didn't get ANY action when using fishbites both in the bay or in the Severn.

John
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

They were still working for me at spsp and severn but don't last nearly as long

Sent from the water.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I noticed the same thing, I thought they were a different brand than the ones with the mesh. I guess they're cutting corners an putting out a lesser product.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

I picked up a pack couple weeks ago and noticed the packaging and the product were slightly different. I even check the sku to make sure it was the same. I have been using them for about 10 years and never noticed a change like this before. Even thought I don't use that often anymore, I really hope they didn't ruin them.

Comment

There are two kinds of fishbites: long lasting, and fast acting. The long lasting ones are the ones with mesh, fast acting do not have mesh.

I bought a bag of long lasting ones a few days ago. Caught 12 fish (croaker/spot/perch) on about 4 pieces 1" long each on a tandem bottom rig out from Chesapeake beach.

Comment

I know there is a red bag and a blue bag but I can't remember which one has the mesh! I was disappointed last time I bought a pack because it had no mesh and the red goo dissolved in 10 minutes while the pack I had before that one with the mesh lasted 2 seasons!
              Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Good to know, just checked the bag I have is fast acting formula. Maybe most place sell that early in the summer too get the bite moving faster??

Sent from the water.
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I always make sure I buy the right pack. I know I caught at least 5 croakers on just fishbites Monday and then 7 more with fishbites+shrimp combo. The only change I noticed is that this years batch seems darker.
                  Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

I didn't know there were different versions either, guess I'll have to run by the store again.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Red bag is no mesh; blue bag has mesh.

I was told the fast action (red bag) is better for warmer water and the slow action (blue bag) is better for colder water. The heck with that; give me the one that stays on longer!
                      Brian

Comment

Working...
                      X