I wish Snakeheads were this fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish Snakeheads were this fun

I am from the midwest originally and i have delt with asian carp, this is not me but i have done something like this before. Enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhfd9...otation_227057">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhfd9...otation_227057" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Before anyone says anything, Asian Carp are a huge problem. They are fighing thier way in to the Great Lakes right now and if that happens there will be HUGE problems for the entire fishery.

Crazy stupid.
    Its all fun and games until a skier lands on a pitchfork.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

How long until one of them impale themselves?

Comment

I wish we have that many SH but it'll never gonna happen. Asian carp is a problem because they feed on plankton which bait fish feed on. Asian carp actually compete with bait fish for food. No bait fish = no predator fish. Another reason that SH population will never be that high because Asian people are catching them all. Last year SH price was about 5 lbs, this year it's 6 or 7 per lbs. I know you're not suppose to sell it but people do.

Comment

That is true, they are selling them right now.and it`s getting expensive, some countries in asia ,SH is the most expensive compare to other freshwater fish.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT View Post
            That is true, they are selling them right now.and it`s getting expensive, some countries in asia ,SH is the most expensive compare to other freshwater fish.
            That could actually be a good thing, with higher prices more people will fish for them and/or the demand can be going up and hopefully crash the species.

Comment

If SH start jumping out of the water in those kinds of numbers then we've got a SyFy movie on our hands.
              PigPen - Mt Airy
              Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Can't wait to try that in my Revo!
                Carpe Pisces

Comment

That video was nuts! I laughed the whole way through. Hope those things never make their way to the Great Lakes.
                  Green Old Town Loon 111
                  Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Crazy dudes.

Comment

I hope they don't either. I want to camp/fish great lake tributaries for salmon/steelhead one day.

Comment

I hooked an acrobatic snakehead the other day that jumped 4 feet
                        in the air while head-shaking and it spit my frog right back
                        at me. That was fun!

Comment

Ok i agree, no argument, Sh is an invasive species on our home waters,even i,basically a Bass fisherman before SH multiply and envade our water. Bank fisherman sees me after hooking SH,will drop everything and give the damnfish a bat on the head,(like hotting my fierce enemy to stop him)if i forgot my bat i used anything like a longnose pliers to kill the bastard (forgive me for the word)then i realised over a period of 2 yrs that nature produced itself what nature needed.My point here is the basic, snakeheads are here for a reason that we dont understand yet, maybe its nature or higher force above us (GOD).I dont kill what i dont intend to eat.thats my rule period!

Comment

Originally posted by MrT View Post
                            Ok i agree, no argument, Sh is an invasive species on our home waters,even i,basically a Bass fisherman before SH multiply and envade our water. Bank fisherman sees me after hooking SH,will drop everything and give the damnfish a bat on the head,(like hotting my fierce enemy to stop him)if i forgot my bat i used anything like a longnose pliers to kill the bastard (forgive me for the word)then i realised over a period of 2 yrs that nature produced itself what nature needed.My point here is the basic, snakeheads are here for a reason that we dont understand yet, maybe its nature or higher force above us (GOD).I dont kill what i dont intend to eat.thats my rule period!
                            Mr. T. I like your rule
                            Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
                            Cobra Explorer

Comment

Working...
                            X