Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New(Unexpected) Kayak Story

Hey All!

I've been on the site for some time now, have never posted anything, so this is my first post!

I bought an Ascend Fs12T last year as Bass Pro and have been fishing Conowingo Dam and around Port Deposit mostly. The older model had two scupper holes where the seat is at, that were not fully drilled out. I was told that if I wanted them open, I could drill them out. I never got around to it, till two days ago when I was working on installing my new fish finder(wanted to mount the transducer there). Well it turns out that they machined it wrong at the manufacturer, and when I went to drill out the scupper hole, I was almost an inch off. Presto! I drilled a hole through my hull. Needless to say I was not happy at all.

I called Bass Pro and spoke with the manager of the camping section. He was really great and friendly to me and exchanged it for a new Fs12T, which also happens to be the newer model that came out this year. Never would have throught when this week started, I would end it with a new Kayak! I took it out today at Mariners for a spin, and was quite happy. I like it much better than the older model I had before, better tracking, more stable and more room all around. Gonna take her out to Conowingo tomorrow morning!

Congrats on the replacement! I'm glad to hear they gave you a new one since the original was defective.

You've been registered on here a bit longer than me, so I'll let you welcome me to the site. LOL
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

The newer models are leaps and bounds better then the original.

They pulled production back to the United States and its paid off.

Havent heard many complaints about the new ones at all
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Congrats Tptman!
        ...and some good karma for Bass Pro
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Nice end to a bad day. I find BPS good to do business with.
          Deadwood (Dave)
          West River & Miles River
          2-Old Town Dirigo 12's,2-Old Town Vapors 10ft, 1-NWSlayer Propel13.
          If you dont go, you wont know, and you got to have bait in the water.

Comment

Glad to hear they were so helpful. I hope they extend a similar warranty for the paddle that just broke in half on me today.
            Mike

Comment

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that! They've been good to me with returns and exchanges.

Comment

So any issues with the bottom deforming? I am looking at this one and Eagle Talon.

Comment

Congrats on the new yak! I've had great customer service from BPS during every visit.

Josh

2014 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120

Sent from J-Boogie Yak Fishing Headquarters
                  Josh

2014 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by Wesleypipesyo View Post
                    So any issues with the bottom deforming? I am looking at this one and Eagle Talon.
                    I haven't had any problems yet. I've only had it out three times so far, but have really enjoyed it

Comment

I am shopping for a kayak for my son. Maybe I should head on to BPS. Thanks for the post.
                      2012 WS Tarpon 120
                      http://kayakcrabbing.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                      X