For those that fish the bay bridge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that fish the bay bridge.

Would either of my two kayak handle the open waters of the bay. I have a old town predator 13. And big tuna that can go In solo mode. I was used to sink yaks and not used to sitting up so high and dry. I like both yaks just hope they are good for open bay. I do notice many yaks have higher seats now. Thanks.
    Cuda 14
    Big tuna

Both of those models are super stable and will handle conditions at the bridge I dont know how easy either paddle but with a relatively short trip out of sandy point that should not be a problem either the thing to look at is the wind the bridge area has a strong current and if the winds are strong it becomes hard to fish in a paddle kayak so as long as you plan around the weather you should be fine
    D Hawk
    Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
    Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

I agree both yaks probably are more than capable of handling the bay bridge... I've taken my brother out there a couple times with him on my second kayak, a Tarpon100. So...
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Obviously no kayak (or any other boat for that matter) is totally safe when the weather gets too rough, but I've found the Tuna to be quite stable. I have not yet paddled mine in rough conditions in the Bay, but I have done it elsewhere and it handled the chop very well. You may want to consider using the low seating position when the conditions are less than ideal in order to increase stability.
        Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

Working...
        X