Bay Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge

Was anyone fishing the bridge Sunday, and if so, did you have any luck? I had to go to the shore on Sunday and saw a couple kayaks out fishing the bay on the Hemmingways side. The ones I saw looked like they were trolling. The water conditions looked very good.

I was one of the yakers out there trolling. I had no luck. Water was perfect, was reading lots of fish on the ff but nothing was biting. All my reading were between 40-50ft of water. I had 2 buddies that went out in the morning by boat and they had the same result.

Who else was out there? I saw 3 other yakers fishing bellow the bridge, didnt get a chance to say hi as they were a bit far.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I was pitching bloods from the sand at SPSP Sunday. There were two yaks that launched from there and drifted in front of the beach for several hours. Could not tell if they caught anything thou.

Comment

Got skunked

Not Sunday, but saturday, launched from SPSP, trolled large umbrellas in white/yellow with single parachutes and a red tube to the Bridge. Marked lots of fish and bait in all depths of water, but no takers. Then trolled back and stopped to soak bloods between SPSP and the lighthouse for a couple hours after that but no takes.

Comment

i was on the point sunday, caught 1 around 0830 and saw a few nice fish landed before i left about 1230. saw the 2 guys in the yellow kayaks but didnt see them catch any. drift bws and have patience. caught another at the navy marina on the severn around 6, i just put my penn reel that redfish got repaired for me back on its rod and set up with t&B to see if any wp were in the area and a 20" rock hit it, no wp though.

got my april fish

Comment

We pulled in around 11:00. I surprised i did not see you there. We camped out on the left of the point. We managed 5 fish with the largest going 25".

We missed our chance at a cow. My buddy had a rod and spike ripped out of the sand. If it was not for his super man dive the rod would have been lost. Worst part is i missed the video of the whole humorous event.

We are hitting there again Sunday morning if the crowds are not to bad.

Comment

Was out on Saturday afternoon. Launched from SPSP. Tolled big swimshads, plugs and umbrellas with parachutes. Lots of marks and chatter on the radio about marking fish but not a lot of catching reports. Lots of gannets and cormorants around.

BTW guys, Hemmingways is off limits. Jimbo checked it out before we hit SPSP on Saturday. Parking lot is fenced off, under construction and no trespassing.

Comment

Well that sucks.

What channels are the chatter for this area?

Comment

I was on 68 for the most part. 69, 71 & 72 are also used.

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
                    Was out on Saturday afternoon. Launched from SPSP. Tolled big swimshads, plugs and umbrellas with parachutes. Lots of marks and chatter on the radio about marking fish but not a lot of catching reports. Lots of gannets and cormorants around.

BTW guys, Hemmingways is off limits. Jimbo checked it out before we hit SPSP on Saturday. Parking lot is fenced off, under construction and no trespassing.
                    i launched from Hemmingways for the second time....i just went around the fence
                    Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
                      i launched from Hemmingways for the second time....i just went around the fence
                      Nice! You went on Sunday, right? Was work going on? There was construction activity on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
                        We pulled in around 11:00. I surprised i did not see you there. We camped out on the left of the point. We managed 5 fish with the largest going 25".

We missed our chance at a cow. My buddy had a rod and spike ripped out of the sand. If it was not for his super man dive the rod would have been lost. Worst part is i missed the video of the whole humorous event.

We are hitting there again Sunday morning if the crowds are not to bad.
                        i was next to the guy in the red jacket, there are some nice fish right off the beach. next weekend will be a zoo. going to pax river nas
                        Last edited by surfdog; 04-12-2011, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Surfdog,

Where do you go at NAS? Hog Pt? Off Goose Creek? Fishing Pt? Cedar Pt Beach? Where's the hot spot? I've been there a number of times and caught only blues from the yak.
                          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Hog point, got some real nice rock there. over the foot bridge right on the point. only fished from shore there but want to bring the yak down this year

Comment

Are you going to take your Kayak out there Surf or are you going to fish from shore?

Comment

Working...
                              X