New SH video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SH video

I just found this video and one of the SH caught is huge. New world record here I come!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF6OgbVAxS0

Damn

John
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

When are we goin
      Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Tomorrow, the next day and next day...

Comment

Hmm change of plans for Thursday to Occoquan . The white perch in Severn can wait.

Comment

Just wondering...were they killing all the snakeheads they took out of the water, or did they put them back in? I spooked a few at Leesylvania Sunday, but still can't get any to bite. Have tried 5 or 6 times so far this year and only caught one. Starting to get frustrated. Might try Occoquan this afternoon.

Comment

I think its safe to assume they were being ground up as fertilizer. Orrrrrr being sold in some underground asian market
              Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

I think they measure tag and release back. VA been doing tag & release for couple year now.

So far the result is not what people predicted. Let me be the first to say this: Game fish status for SH, no creel limit but no keeping fish over 35 in. Hahaha, and no more freaking bowfishing.

Comment

Really interesting video, thanks for posting. What I got from that video, besides that there seems to be a lot of SHs there, is that the tide of acceptance by the VA Fishery agency seems to be changing. SHs were the victim of a massive and very successful anti-exotics juggernaut that has been sweeping through many state fishery agencies for well over a decade.

I fully agree with everything the biologist said about the impact of SHs in Virginia waters. In my opinion the SH is the proverbial “gift horse” given to fisherman and fishery agencies. IMHO, the SH can do everything a large mouth bass can do, except they can do it better.

By the way, at about 130 seconds into the video, did anyone see what was in the net held by the other fisheries guy to the right of the guy talking??? Now that’s a hoot! I wonder if a SH was blamed for killing that poor little guy.
                  Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Originally posted by HJS View Post

By the way, at about 130 seconds into the video, did anyone see what was in the net held by the other fisheries guy to the right of the guy talking??? Now that’s a hoot! I wonder if a SH was blamed for killing that poor little guy.
                    Actually if you look at 1:25, thats not actually in the net but rather zip-tied to the boat!

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Originally posted by reel-em-in View Post
                      Actually if you look at 1:25, thats not actually in the net but rather zip-tied to the boat!
                      Oh you are right. It is tied to the boat railing. Certainly looked like it was in the net though. No doubt it was dipped up while shocking somewhere.
                      Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Originally posted by reel-em-in View Post
                        That thing has been on his boat for years. Good luck charm supposedly.

Here's a better look from 2011.

007-3.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X