Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to finally let the cat out of the bag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds great! I would take a copy. Newbie to kayak fishing. This should be very helpful.
    Thanks

Comment

Ordered my copy. Congrats Alan!
      2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
      Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

...... Got one of the proof copies today ........... You guys HAVE to get this book !!!!!!!! ........ Lots of great info on tackle,techniques and yaks ........... But .......... The BEST info on the FLATS ......... He showed me spots that I didn't know and I've fished the flats for 40 years ...... Used to fish it with Earl Ashenfelter decades ago ....... The old timers will know ..... GREAT JOB !!!!!!!! Alan ......

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
          ...... Got one of the proof copies today ........... You guys HAVE to get this book !!!!!!!! ........ Lots of great info on tackle,techniques and yaks ........... But .......... The BEST info on the FLATS ......... He showed me spots that I didn't know and I've fished the flats for 40 years ...... Used to fish it with Earl Ashenfelter decades ago ....... The old timers will know ..... GREAT JOB !!!!!!!! Alan ......
          Thanks Rick. That makes me very happy to hear you like it The bulk order is due to show up via UPS on Wed, so everyone else will get theirs very soon! It's my birthday this weekend and I have a feeling it'll be spent stuffing envelopes and hanging out at the post office...and I couldn't be happier about it. Thanks again guys, you're great. It's always a little unnerving when you put a lot of work into something and put it out there, hoping others find it valuable. So it does mean a lot. Thanks again Rick.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
            Thanks Rick. That makes me very happy to hear you like it The bulk order is due to show up via UPS on Wed, so everyone else will get theirs very soon! It's my birthday this weekend and I have a feeling it'll be spent stuffing envelopes and hanging out at the post office...and I couldn't be happier about it. Thanks again guys, you're great. It's always a little unnerving when you put a lot of work into something and put it out there, hoping others find it valuable. So it does mean a lot. Thanks again Rick.

Don't thank me ........ You wrote it and if it sucked ........ Well I wouldn't have said I liked it ....... It's all on you bro

Comment

Books came from the publisher today! The wife called and said they'd arrived. Thanks for all those that put in orders. I'll be sending them out Friday or Saturday (I need a day or so to sign and package them since there's quite a few) so any late comers have a day or so to get in an order before for the first shipment. I ordered some inventory so I've got extras if you didn't reply earlier. If you did, I ordered a book for ya! Looking forward to getting these out and hearing what you think.

Kokatat Pro Staff
              Torqeedo Pro Staff
              Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

I just placed my order, look forward to the book.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

I think I've got something to keep me occupied for a little while
                  Attached Files

Kokatat Pro Staff
                  Torqeedo Pro Staff
                  Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Mine came yesterday. Great job Alan.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDog View Post
                      Mine came yesterday. Great job Alan.

Thanks!
                      Nice, then you got it on Amazon. Glad to hear that's working smoothly. Thanks for the feedback

Kokatat Pro Staff
                      Torqeedo Pro Staff
                      Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

• Showed it to a friend at work ...... She's ordering 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                          Showed it to a friend at work ...... She's ordering 1
                          Thanks Rick!

Kokatat Pro Staff
                          Torqeedo Pro Staff
                          Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

• All paid orders are shipping this morning! I hope you enjoy them. I'm anxious to hear what you think and it'd be awesome if you could put up a review on Amazon since word of mouth is all a little guy like me has.

I still have some books from people that wanted them but didn't submit a payment, which in some cases may be because your order didn't have your snaggedline handle on it. Either way, I have them set aside for you whenever you want them. If you changed your mind, no problem. Just let me know so I can use them elsewhere.

If you want to see the book in person and buy it from a physical store, Anglers by the Bay Bridge now carries them. They were nice enough to let me sell in their store, at least on a trial basis so I hope it goes well there.
                            Attached Files

Kokatat Pro Staff
                            Torqeedo Pro Staff
                            Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

• Clyde's Sport Shop, right on 2307 Hammonds Ferry Rd just outside Baltimore picked up some stock of the book. Everyone knows about Clyde's so I don't even have to put up the address...they've been there forever. So now you can also grab a copy there if you'd rather see it in person. The books at Clyde's are all signed.

I didn't offer it to other shops until all of yours were shipped out so you had the first crack at them. Many of you will have books at your doorstop on Monday.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                              Torqeedo Pro Staff
                              Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

• Ok, i'm sorry to go slightly off topic here, but I gotta know... what is that tallish cylindrical thing behind your stack of books? I've seen it in a few pics already, looks like an interesting piece...
                                Ryan
                                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                                X