family vaca, "dowwn da oceaan hon"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• family vaca, "dowwn da oceaan hon"

Going to Bethany for a week with the family. Wife, adult daughters, sons-in-law and two grand kids. While I'm really looking forward to a great family experience, I will have my kayak and I'm looking to fish.

Coming down on the 5th and heading back on the 11th.
    I don't have a whole lot of experience in the salt. If any members are down that week, I would love to get together and have at it with them.

Any advice wuld be helpful too. I'm thinking my first excursion will be a launch from Isle of Wright. Possibly trying CHSP at some point.

Thanks.
    Happy Fourth to All
    ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Hey Darryl, I will be down the same time. Last year I brought my kayak and fished the Thorofare, was able to bring back a few keeper flounder for the family. Early morning most of the boat traffic is non existent and makes for a nice drift back and forth across the channel. After 10am you should pack it up before all the boaters start flying through the channel. I found a small public beach launch via googlemaps, it worked out well. Find the intersection of Keyser Point Road and Selsey Road...follow Selsey Road till it dead ends and you will see the beach. Puts you right on the Thorofare, very easy paddle.

I might be hooking up with SlobberBob one evening and fishing the inlet for the first time if everything works out. Please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if you are interested! I think I could squeeze in 3 fishing excursions before the wife raises a fist.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Working...
    X