Kayaking Wachapreague?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayaking Wachapreague?

Any one have much experience with Kayaking Wachapreague? I have done a good bit around Chincateague and want expand out a little. I know it is great fishing but I am having a hard time getting a handle if it is good area for kayaking from the various maps. Was thinking on hitting it some time soon while the flounder are hitting good.
    Jay

10' Green Slayer
    13’ Red Slayer

Originally posted by summersoff View Post
    Any one have much experience with Kayaking Wachapreague? I have done a good bit around Chincateague and want expand out a little. I know it is great fishing but I am having a hard time getting a handle if it is good area for kayaking from the various maps. Was thinking on hitting it some time soon while the flounder are hitting good.
    going down that way on the 29th, ive been told that foley creek and parkers creek are more kayak freindly. havent been there yet but looks good. fish the flats and cuts on out going tide they liketo hang shallow in the spring.

Comment

yea, its about a 5 mile paddle out to the inlet. ive allways heard to fish channels of the inlet and behind parrimore island
      http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12210.shtml

Comment

thanks Kevin been looking at the charts for a few months, their is a kayak trail that runs up the coast looks pretty cool. gotta get there before the greenheads come out met a capt. at one of the fishing shows that said he can carry some yaks out to the inlet and back or 20 miles offshore for some pelagic action

Comment

damn! thats cool, let me know if he has a web site, ill put it on my links page

Comment

www.marlinmagiccharters.com they are assiated with the Wachapreague Inn. across from the marina. IDK what they charge for mothering but i'll check.

ah thats how to get links to come up, learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
            X