Mattawoman 7/5/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman 7/5/14

Went to Mattawoman early Saturday morning. Second cast had a snakehead hit, but didn't keep it on the line. Only one of the day which makes me think their population is way down from 2 years ago. Didn't have much luck with anything else until around 10:00am. Then I caught about a dozen LMB in about 1 hour. Even caught the same bass twice - about 45 minutes apart. Caught them on either the Keitech Fat Swing Impact or on a blue flaked Senko worm rigged wacky style. Good day for bass, but really wanted the snakehead.
    Attached Files
    Dave N.
    Wilderness Systems Radar 115
    - Solar

Nice fish! I was hoping to go there this weekend, but poison ivy kept me home.

I think I can see where you were from some of the pics. I caught a nice five pounder back that way. Thought at first it was a snakehead. Was slightly disappointed when it wasn't. But, when I saw the size of the LMB, my disappointment changed to a few loud, happy, unspeakable words.

I will be back there with a vengeance when I get my next opportunity. There is a snakehead there waiting for me.

Weekdays are really great at Mattawoman. Boat traffic is considerably lighter.
    Laura (aka zeebyrd)
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Working...
    X