Z-Man soft plastic lures melting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
    Wow this does say a lot about the company.
    +1
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

So that's what happened to mine too. I had a bag full of goop when I combined them all and decided not to get them anymore. I guess I will go back to trying the ZMans and keep them separate.

Comment

ZMan ......... don't have to tell us about your lures ........... they have some of the best action and durability ........ I pour my own and still use Zman on many ocassions ........ especially when bluefish or other toothy critters are biting my customs in half. Zman is the only soft plastic that will hold up to them ...... and it bugs me that I can't ..... well nobody can't come close to the process .......

....... and now we find out about outstanding customer service ......... GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!

Comment

This is awesome! Kudos to you Z-man
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Glad to help. It's impossible for us to stay on top of all the forums out there, so if you have questions or product suggestions, please feel free to contact us via our e-mail (info@zmanfishing.com) or Facebook. We're open to any kind of constructive feedback you can provide. Great suggestion on putting the warning in red - we've actually already made this change on the newer smaller and larger bags we had printed last year, and we'll adjust our regular size bags next time we have the printing plates redone (unfortunately, the plates aren't cheap!). In the meantime, let us know if you have any questions or feedback, and please post pics of the fish you catch on Z-Man over on our Facebook page if you don't mind - we get a kick out of seeing all the different kinds of fish our ElaZtech baits catch!!

Comment

FWIW, I'm a big fan of Z-Man plastics after trying them for the first time less than a month ago. I left a couple of them on jig heads for a few weeks in the top drawer of my tackle box and they are just like they came out of the package...with exception of being stabbed with a hook. After hearing about others' having them "melt", I am being preventative with their storage and putting them back in the original package at the end of the day now.

Today I left them on the jig, and dropped them back in the that way...hopefully I won't have them "react" with the jig head/hook. If they do, it will be my own fault...I'm actually trying that as an experiment of being lazy. Even as good/tough as these are; the more you stab something, the more likely it will end up being damaged beyond useable.

Other plastics survive "a few fish", if they are lucky. I can't believe how soft these are, for as tough as they are.

I'm going to try the scented ones next.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

i got an order of these last week. I've been out once with them and was impressed. I got the paddlerz ant the Hula Stix. I went out yesterdday foe just an hour and got 2 LMB. The baits are tougg as nails.They also are incredibly flexible. The ony drawback, or advantage I see is their extreme bouyancy. Thw hula stix need a weight or they will just float. I'm used to my senko baits hving that nice slow fall where basss gey the on the way down. That isn't hapening with these.

The tail on the Paddlerz is super sesitive and flutters even on slow retrieves. I'm looking forward to trying them again if they don't melt. They are never going anywhere except in their own package. Does anyone know if they make hooks rust?
                Hurricane Skimmer 128
                WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin View Post
                  Does anyone know if they make hooks rust?
                  I haven't seen any rust on the ones I left in them so far.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Rust will not be a problem.
                    However, if you leave them on a jig head, especially if the jig is coated with a vinyl paint, and put them back into the original bag, plastic contamination and melting may be a problem.
                    They are tough enough that taking them off and reattaching them shouldn't be a problem.
                    So just take them off when you put them away.

Comment

I went ahead and took them off the jig heads that I dropped in the packages yesterday. They hadn't had any reaction, but didn't want to risk a whole package with one jig in each of three bags.

I had some other plastics "melt" in the tray of my tackle box before, but it's been a long time ago. What kind of timeframe do folks experience plastics not playing well with each other? Is it days, weeks, months?
                      Last edited by Cowpokey; 07-13-2014, 02:01 PM.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                      X