Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truxton park launch, any fish in the area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truxton park launch, any fish in the area?

I have noticed that people launch from West ANP at Tucker street and at Jonas Green but I don't see much about Truxton Park. Any reason not to launch there, other than the $5 launch fee I mean.

Regards,

John
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

I think it's actually free for kayaks, but could be wrong. I've launched there a few times in years past. Plenty of perch used to be around the piers and especially near the mouth of the creek. Can't speak to the fishing this year... I guess the biggest downside for this locations is it's the longest distance from the main river.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

If you use a trailer you should expect to pay a fee. Also there may be city inspectors checking to see if you use the ramp or not. When I launch there a few times each year, I unload on the grassy area near the ramp and slide my kayak to the water's edge. I do not pay a fee for that type of launch.

Fish can be found on some of the shorelines in upper Spa Creek. I don't catch as many there as I do in Weems or other creeks near Weems. You can try upstream from the ramp working wooded or grassy shorelines and downstream from the ramp working bulkhead and piers (cast to the older bulkheads that have had tie to establish a small microcosm of growth.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks John, I was hoping you would chime in. I would launch the same way as you but wasn't sure if I needed to pay the $5.

John
        John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

There are a lot of white perch around the piers and bridge. I have always thought it would be a great place to fish at night, with all the lights on the piers.

Comment

That's probably what the guy they found dress for snorkling thought a couple of nights ago when they found him floating in the creek.

John
            John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Working...
            X