Weems Creek Perches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weems Creek Perches

IMG_1282.jpgIMG_1283.jpgFound some White Perch in Weems Creek today. Mainly in the shade of overhanging trees. Hot day. Fished until about 1:00. Caught one 11 incher that I released into 400 degree Crisco for lunch.
    Last edited by SeaDog; 07-14-2014, 11:57 AM.

I finally got the chance to fish Weems Creek for the first time this season.
    The tide was pretty high, and the water was quite turbid, with visibility of about 1 foot. Above the Tucker Street ramp the water looked cloudier, probably storm runoff.
    I marked a lot of bait with the FF, and saw some baitfish pods out in the main stem.

I caught a good number of Perch, but none over 7 inches, so no dinner partners tonight.
    They were kinda hard to pin point. I found a few near sunken timber, a couple near the docks and pilings, and some just in random areas. There was no discernible pattern.
    I caught most on a green spinner jig and a couple on a 1/8 oz. silver rattletrap.

The one new thing I saw, for the first time ever, I saw a land crab climbing on a wooden bulkhead. He was small, perhaps 1 1/2 inches across. Definitely not a Blue Crab! Didn't know we had them in Maryland.

Comment

From sun up till about 9:30 or so I fish any "Rip-Rap" with a Western face, it is still shaded at these times then switch to the shaded tree lined creeks. This is what works for me, using "Beatle Spins" with paddle tails in Chartreuse or White. Another is the "Schyster" spinner or "Rooster Tail" spinner all work fairly well for me on ultra-light spinning gear w/ 6 or 8 lb test mono.

eyedaddy

Comment

Working...
      X