ICAST is this week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovett88 View Post
    Did anybody see ocean kayaks post on facebook? I'm curious if the kayak in the middle is a prowler 13? It looks like it but offered in urban camo, and the new quick seal hatch. If so I know what I'm upgrading to next year!
    In the comments beneath, Ocean Kayak says its a Prowler 13 Angler.

I think the one on the left is the Big Game 2.

But what is the long skinny one on the right?
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
      I agree, especially with my back problems. You ever look at Hurricane Kayaks? I've seen some guys with them out at cbbt and checked them out online. Hurricane Skimmer 140 is only 52lbs. Seriously considering getting one, but I wish I could demo somewhere in the salt to see how it paddles.
      I think my Trident is awesome right now. I like the way it cut through the wave. I think my next kayak upgrade will be a handfree kayak. I'm leaning toward the Revo right now.

Comment

Just checked out that hurricane skimmer on their site. Pretty cool looking boat but I can never go back to paddling. Come on hobie get your hands on some trylon or whatever they call that plastic and make a 52 lb revo 13!!!
        Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

I would really like to see a long pedal driven kayak, sleek and efficient. In my book I compared the paddle versions, Tarpon 140 and 160 to the pedal versions Native Slayer Propel and Hobie models. The Tarpons move so well through the water. I'd love to slap a pedal drive onto the Tarpon 160 for trolling. It'd move like a dream. I think that's the missing market.

I spoke with the owner of the Native brand and I told him the same thing. He said they were going to release a shorter 10' version, which is public info at this point. While I see the advantage of a short kayak, I own one and it's not great for the bay. For small lakes and ponds it's great. By the way, the Slayer that I rode had a nice hull design. It seemed to go through the water pretty well. I didn't get to put it through chop though...that's where you can really tell.

I'd just like to see one built specifically for trolling 14-16' with a really efficient hull design.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post

Looks like the Trident/Prowler 15
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
              I would really like to see a long pedal driven kayak, sleek and efficient. In my book I compared the paddle versions, Tarpon 140 and 160 to the pedal versions Native Slayer Propel and Hobie models. The Tarpons move so well through the water. I'd love to slap a pedal drive onto the Tarpon 160 for trolling. It'd move like a dream. I think that's the missing market.

I spoke with the owner of the Native brand and I told him the same thing. He said they were going to release a shorter 10' version, which is public info at this point. While I see the advantage of a short kayak, I own one and it's not great for the bay. For small lakes and ponds it's great. By the way, the Slayer that I rode had a nice hull design. It seemed to go through the water pretty well. I didn't get to put it through chop though...that's where you can really tell.

I'd just like to see one built specifically for trolling 14-16' with a really efficient hull design.
              I think Hobie already has that covered with the Adventure; 16' long and 27.5" wide...pedals too.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

They could also make a Revo 11 that a person who is 6'4" could actually pedal. I'd like one of those for my snakehead excursions. The 13 is a bit much sometimes but in open water it hauls
                Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
                  In the comments beneath, Ocean Kayak says its a Prowler 13 Angler.

I think the one on the left is the Big Game 2.

I was just watching the Johnson Outdoors live stream from iCAST.
                  Its the Trident Ultra.
                  2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                  Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Are they updating the Trident ultra? I want to get another faster kayak and sort of like the ultra 4.7, but I still like the tarpon 160 better. Why doesn't Ocean Kayak keep up with others and install some recessed tracks. I don't want to spend that much and get some stupid recessed rod holders instead of tracks.

If Hurricane can make a 14' kayak at 52 pounds, Hobie should be able to make a mirage drive with a decent seat around 60 pounds or under. They need to do a lot more to get me to spend 2k plus accessories on a pedal drive kayak. And I'm still not sure I really even want a pedal drive, I already own 3 bicycles.

Comment

Anybody see the new Wilderness Thresher that is being released in the fall? Might end up getting one next year. About to go pick up a used tarpon 140 for now.

Comment

Working...
                      X