No announcement yet.

Old Town Predator XL hits the market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In MD, the kayak would need to be registered because it is a motorized vessel.
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

In MD, the trailer would need DMV registration, the boat would need DNR registration.

Has anyone with a Hobie or Native Propel registered their boats? From the language on the DNR page you could interpret it to mean that pedal drives need to be registered.

How do I know if my vessel must be registered in Maryland?

Your vessel, whether commercial or recreational, must be registered in Maryland if it is:
      Equipped with any kind of primary or auxiliary mechanical propulsion; and
      Used in Maryland most in a calendar year.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/boating/registration/
      Mike
      Feelfree Lure 11.5
      Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Well then, I may stand corrected.
        Deadwood (Dave)
        West River & Miles River
        2-Old Town Dirigo 12's,2-Old Town Vapors 10ft, 1-NWSlayer Propel13.
        If you dont go, you wont know, and you got to have bait in the water.

Comment

reg kayaks

I just called Annapolis Canoe and Kayak and they have not heard that Hobies or Propels need to be registered.

Next step, DNR.
          Deadwood (Dave)
          West River & Miles River

Comment

I just asked DNR and they say only mechanical propulsion vessels need to be registered. Therefore, Hobie and Propel driven kayaks propelled physically by a human dont apply. Nor does rowing a boat without a motor, Canoes, etc.
            But, the new Old Town Predator XL's with Minkota electric motor will have to be registered and any other such powered boats.

What to Register
            Recreational vessels with any type of mechanical propulsion system (primary or auxiliary), to be used mostly in Maryland waterways during the calendar year.
            Deadwood (Dave)
            West River & Miles River

Comment

I ended up registering both the PA and trailor.
              2015 Outback
              2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Human powered with a mechanical advantage of peddles doesn't constitute mechanical propulsion. So, unless you add an electric or fuel motor you don't need to register a mirage or propel kayak.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Thats right.
                  Deadwood (Dave)
                  West River & Miles River

Comment

Just wondering if I could get it with a nice metal flake (glitter) paint job.... Purple/black would be subtle...
                    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
                      Just wondering if I could get it with a nice metal flake (glitter) paint job.... Purple/black would be subtle...
                      That would be hawt.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

And the Hidden Oak Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 I am taking ownership of tomorrow is not getting any Md Registration stickers. Need to get some SL decals and others though. Happy Dance, happy dance.
                        Deadwood (Dave)
                        West River & Miles River

Comment

Congratulations Deadwood!

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
                          Bet you could get it wrapped like that for several hundred dollars.

Sent from my PalmPilot
                          2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                          Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I don't think it is too bad weight wise for what it is. The tip up motor is a great idea, and it is a whole lot lighter then the new Hobie Pro Angler 17 tandem. The predator is not for me but there seems to be a lot of people asking for these kind of boats. I would rather have the predator then a bass boat, and that is a big part of the market they are looking at....jack

Comment

I have the normal predator (about 2.5 less width) and big tuna that I paddle solo a lot. I like the idea of the motor being removable. I could use the motor crabbing or looking for birds along the coast for stripers. I would love to see the motor option in the big tuna over the predator. I wish they did't need to make it wider.
                              Cuda 14
                              Big tuna

Comment

Working...
                              X