MD Trailer Registration Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD Trailer Registration Question

Still trying to secure a good trailer at a good price.
    I'm looking at one now without a title.

What does one have to do in MD to get their trailer tagged when there is no title?
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

You can't. You have to find away to get it to the State Police at certain times with the proper documentation etc to get them to give you a different serial # and title .....and I think you have to prove that you made significant improvements so you can claim it as a homemade trailer ..... a REAL PIA !!!!!!! the catch 22 is getting it to the State Police without tags or registration. The only way is loading it on another trailer.

You can register it in Maine if you already have another trailer registered in Md. That is easy.

Comment

Even if has a serial number already?

Sent from my PalmPilot

Comment

you need the title ......... some states don't require it ...... Md does and makes it a PIA. You can try to see if you can get it registered as a Home made trailer ....... good luck ........ it the reason untitled trailes are cheap ...... nobody wants to deal with the hassle or take the chance. I registered mine in Maine but I have 3 trailers

Comment

Don't buy a trailer w/o a tittle. Not worth the hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
            You can try to see if you can get it registered as a Home made trailer ..
            Don't want to go there. Looked into it a few years back and found it to be expensive and time consuming.

Originally posted by groundhog View Post
            Don't buy a trailer w/o a tittle. Not worth the hassle.
            I was only checking because I found a galvanized one for $90. Point taken. I'd rather pay more and avoid the hassle.

Sent from my PalmPilot

Comment

Working...
            X