Oil Prices - Kayak Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Prices - Kayak Fishing

To all who are thinking of joining us on the water in a kayak, did you see oil prices today $109/barrel Time to find that kayak and join us

yeah its ridiculous.....i spent almost $60 to fill up my car and i dont have an SUV

We should post this in a boating forum and try to convert the boater to kayak fishing...lol
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

The boat guys already know it ......... shoot ...... my truck takes 24 gal and the boat takes 50 gal ............. 3 days at CBBT will burn thru the boat gas and 1 1/2 tanks of the truck .......... that's @ $350 just in gas ..........

Trust me ........... we will see a bunch more Yaks this year ...........

One guy last night commented seeing a hobie outback (i think) with a sail trolling ............ makes em think

Comment

Charter boats are also changing with the times of high fuel prices, too- in some states they keep all the edible fish as part of the deal. Prices of big game marlin and tuna charters are going up to the point it is a rich man's game. Best deals to be had are the party boats, but it is mostly bottom fishing for the smaller eating fish- and the average cost for a full day trip on an offshore party boat is between sixty and eighty bucks- If there is any "good thing" about this price gouging is that it will force us off oil to less expensive alternative fuels-
        Last edited by ronaultmtd; 04-21-2011, 04:59 AM.
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
        X