Marshall Hall 7/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Hall 7/25

After a long week I needed some therapy. Gorgeous afternoon. Little choppy. I wanted to check out the channel last night. I started in my usual area, about 200 yards from the northern buoy, closest to the launch. Caught a nice blue cat. 10 pounds or so. He was hooked thinly in the corner of his mouth. I realized my grippers were hanging on my rod holder, with the other rod in it. I needed another hand. The cat calmed down I just bare handed lipped him. He was nice enough to not spin and grate my fingers. While I was trying to lip him, something smashed the other rid and spun me 90 degrees to the left. Quite entertaining. I did a little cursing, and an underwear check. All good. The second failed to hook himself. I was using a drop weight set up, i think that was hindering the hook set with the circle hooks. I missed another later on too. I changed it to an inline set up afterwards. I was testing out my friends berkley glow rod. It looked cool, but I didn't get to slime it.
    uploadfromtaptalk1406381820697.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406381832196.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406381843234.jpg
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

10 pounds.... that's a big fish.... Nice

Was out there today myself. Had to try out my new trailer. Fished the Maryland side of the channel until I couldn't stand the glitter boys cutting the corner any more. Then I crossed over to the Virginia edge and drifted for a while. Picked up a total of 4 blues, the biggest being 22 inches.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
      10 pounds.... that's a big fish.... Nice

Was out there today myself. Had to try out my new trailer. Fished the Maryland side of the channel until I couldn't stand the glitter boys cutting the corner any more. Then I crossed over to the Virginia edge and drifted for a while. Picked up a total of 4 blues, the biggest being 22 inches.
      Surprisingly, the glitter boys stayed a respectable distance away, a couple guys even slowed down till they were past me. Only one clown came really close, full speed , in a really big cruiser. I do not know the models, but it was 3 levels. I just glared at him, he dismissed me with a flippant hand gesture. Really nice guy. If I could afford it, I would liked to bounce my 2 ounce egg sinker off the side of his rig. No worries with the big wakes, just guys being disrespectful.
      Hobie Outback
      Stand Up Paddle Board
      Pelican 100

Comment

Yeah Buzz
        I likke the virginia side a bit mOre. I have caught a bigger variety of cats there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
        X