Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally

Went fishing this past Saturday at Slavins. Finally landed a somewhat smallish snakehead after a 4 month dry spell. Caught him using a Live Target white mouse on an Abu Garcia C3 reel with 50lb braid. Took me a while to land the fish, but in the end I was able to pull him into the yak. I didn't have the right tool to kill him swiftly and I didn't want my fishing trip to end prematurely by stabbing myself accidentally while trying to kill it, so I let him go to let another fisherman have a go at him down the road. One of the more memorable moments came when I had another SH chase down the mouse in the shallows and completely engulf it. However, I got a little over anxious and didn't wait the 2 seconds, so I ended up pulling the bait out of its mouth.
    Also caught a nice sized LMB using a Keitech Fat Swing Impact on a Lews Tournament MG Speed Spool with 12lb fluorocarbon. After landing him and pulling out my lure I noticed it had an EWG hook lodged down its throat. I was able to remove it and let him go to fight another day.
    While I didn't catch a lot, it was a fun day. Talked with another kayak fisherman and he said he caught 4 SH that day. So, maybe they are starting to get hungry enough to snap at the artificial lures again.
    Attached Files
    Dave N.
    Wilderness Systems Radar 115
    - Solar
Working...
X