Can't let Yak Fish have all the fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't let Yak Fish have all the fun

Yak Fish (Alan) recently published an excellent book on trolling from a kayak. I too have thought about publishing a how-to fishing book, but don't feel that I have enough new content that has not already been provided on internet boards or that is sufficiently different from what has been published by other more qualified angler-authors. However, I do have a lot of content in a totally unrelated area. For more than 20 years, I have traveled extensively in the U.S. and around the world for work and to speak at conferences or give lectures on energy/water topics. During that time, I have had many unusual experiences and have met lots of interesting people.

I decided to write a book about those experiences - "Adventures on the Lecture Tour". It is available immediately at https://www.createspace.com/4906623. Within a few days, it will be available on Amazon and Kindle (e-version). The book includes no sex, violence, or fishing reports (sorry, but I left my stories and numerous photos from Ipanema Beach in Rio out of this edition). However, it does describe many tasty fish meals I had in out-of-the way places. The author photo on the inside of the rear cover shows me holding a striper caught in the Severn in my Slayer Propel -- that is the closest to kayak fishing I get in the book.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

John, congrats on your book wish you all the best and much success with it. FYI i did just purchase it and when we meet on the water I'm expecting a verbal account of the missing chapter or chapters of your experiences in Ipanema and Rio... just to fill the time between fish mind you... Congrats again looking forward to the read!! Phil

Comment

I was fortunate to get some advance info that John was going to do this. When we were out he'd told a few stories that are in the book and so I'll be sure to buy one to hear more stories. Congrats John. I'll be proud to have it on my shelf.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

BIG congratulations John! they say there is no better education than travel. but i think the opportunity to see new and exciting things is reason enough

Comment

John, I just placed my order for your book! I had it sitting in my cart for awhile. Cart hit critical mass so I hit the purchase button. Looking forward to it.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

Very enjoyable read....start to finish.

Comment

Thanks for your interest folks. I can sign the book for anyone who has bought a copy. Upon request, I can bring a few copies with me to the CBKA tournament cookout and awards ceremony.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Congrats john!

Comment

Congratulations on your literary achievement John.

What a distinguished group we are – authors, chefs, etc…Snaggedline is almost like watching The Outdoor Channel with a little bit of PBS mixed in.

I wish you high Amazon ratings and many sales.
                  Mark
                  Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                  Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Congratulations, John, and the best of luck with book sales.
                    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
                    Cobra Explorer

Comment

Congrats John!

Mobile

Outback 2015
                      Maui

Comment

Congratulations on the Book John, If you wrote it then it had to be Excellent as all of your ventures are! Well Done!

Comment

Working...
                        X