Thursday July 31st Trip to PLO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday July 31st Trip to PLO

I am posting this a little late. Beautiful day for sailing and fishing. Had the whole section of the Bay to myself. There were a few people on the pier. There was no need to measure the croakers, all were nice size fish. I wanted to catch blues but no luck. People on the pier were catching blues.

Awesome job man, love the kayak

Comment

yes, it is Croakerlandia down here
      Last edited by kevinfry; 08-07-2014, 08:28 PM.
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
        Awesome job man, love the kayak

Thanks Snakehead Hunter.

Comment

Yep, I know what you mean. I live a short ways from the Patuxent above the Route 4 bridge and it has been croaker mania.
          Viking - Profish Reload Z
          Jackson Coosa - YakAttack

Comment

Originally posted by hobieadventure View Post
            I am posting this a little late. Beautiful day for sailing and fishing. Had the whole section of the Bay to myself. There were a few people on the pier. There was no need to measure the croakers, all were nice size fish. I wanted to catch blues but no luck. People on the pier were catching blues.
            That's an awesome looking kayak rig you have there.

2 Questions....
            What were you using to catch the croakers? And how is it landing fish with the outriggers?
            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I can answer the croaker question. We have been catching them on cut squid and bloodworm Fish Bites.

Barbara (GF) was paddling in the little cove last night and said fish were breaking the surface so I am thinking the baby stripers have moved in. It's like shooting fish in a barrel when they come in for a few days but they are only 6" or 7" long.
              Viking - Profish Reload Z
              Jackson Coosa - YakAttack

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
                That's an awesome looking kayak rig you have there.

2 Questions
                What were you using to catch the croakers? And how is it landing fish with the outriggers?
                Thanks. I was using bloodworms and shrimp. In the past I have used squid with same rate of success. I limited out in a couple of hours. The outriggers are no problem at all. They are an extra safety feature when you are sailing or have a lot of fish on board which raises your center of gravity and could cause you to flip.

Comment

Working...
                X