No announcement yet.

2015 Hobie Outback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks...and yeah that is just about my favorite stringer.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnE View Post
      Thanks...and yeah that is just about my favorite stringer.
      Goody turned me on to them.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

• Nice flatties and good choice on the stringer. Try lubricating the drive and it should get rid of the clicking.

Mobile

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

• Originally posted by Goody View Post
          Nice flatties and good choice on the stringer. Try lubricating the drive and it should get rid of the clicking.

Mobile
          Thanks, I did try that but forgot to bring silicone spray. I tried some teflon dry lube I had in the truck and it helped a little bit. Actually stopped and picked up a small garden sprayer and couple cans of silicone spray on the way home. Cleaned and lubed the heck out of the thing right in the parking lot. Need to take it out again and see if it helps.

Comment

• Try brake free clp. It works better. I use to use the silicone.

Mobile

Outback 2015
            Maui

Comment

• Sch 40 fittings are available in 11.25,22.5, 45 and 90* bends. If one of these does not work you can get a PVC heater and custom bend the pipe any way you want. If you go to a sch 40 conduit sweep (electrical) you could cut it anywhere you want and use a coupling to make the fit. Northeast plumbing supply has everything you would need. Hope this helps. Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
                Sch 40 fittings are available in 11.25,22.5, 45 and 90* bends. If one of these does not work you can get a PVC heater and custom bend the pipe any way you want. If you go to a sch 40 conduit sweep (electrical) you could cut it anywhere you want and use a coupling to make the fit. Northeast plumbing supply has everything you would need. Hope this helps. Mark
                Awesome, thanks for the info. I just got excited and ran out to HD after the thought popped into my head on building this setup...that was all they had available there. It was more of a dry run to see how it worked out. I was planning on going to a proper plumbing supply place like Ferguson's soon to modify. I did not even glue anything yet...just stainless self tapping screws on the pvc joints thus far. I am going to see if I can bring the aluminum rail closer inboard and it will be really great for my needs.

Comment

• Lowes has a better selection than HD for sch40 pvc
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

• Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                    Trying to get my Outback ready for this weekend. That seat is something else. Very adjustable, but with all that complexity, I wonder about durability and reliability. The back cargo area is narrower than my 2011 Outback, so I had to re-adjust my crate rails. My rod extension now won't position correctly on the yak's rear rod position. The foam in the center hatch hole limits my storage space. There's more space for standing, but now the trays are narrower. Oh well,...still anxious to get it out.

Hey, does your yak have the seat drainer? The manual shows it, but my yak doesn't have it. I guess it's on the other yak (the CT). Manual doesn't talk about the four stilts attached under the seat, but I guess you just insert them for higher seat position. The CD says you can store the yak on its side. The manual says it's a no-no.
                    The seat legs underneath are for using the seat as a camp chair on shore I believe.
                    2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                    2013 Cuda 12

Comment

• Originally posted by CAGE RATTLER View Post
                      The seat legs underneath are for using the seat as a camp chair on shore I believe.
                      I was wondering about that. Those legs look like they would put a lot of pressure on the hull with those little feet on each corner.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

• I just remembered that one of the improvements on the new outback was making it a much dryer ride. I am about 230 pounds lately and often start the day with close to 20 pounds of ice and another 10 to 15 pounds of gear, bait, and drinks. The new outback is incredibly dry even loaded up with 260 pounds plus. My wilderness systems kayaks always melted the ice too fast in the rear tankwell with water sitting above the scupper plugs, so it is really nice to have my ice last much longer.

Comment

• The ride for a small person like me, is a bit rough on an Outback (regardless the model years). Because of the high profile (compare to Revo), I get tossed around by waves and wind, I get wet by spray a lot more than sitting on a Revo. When I put 16 pound weight belt and a 4 pound battery in the bow hatch, and load 30 pound on a tank well (behind the seat) with 3 anchors and a coolers with ice and fish, I get better, quiet ride, but slower.

I use both Outback and Revo depending on the water. Though I have been recommending Outback over Revo to even small people like me.

The best part of Outback is fishing right at the bridge columns. Somehow, Outback stays longer naturally behind the bridge column against current. Sometimes I wanted to drift to the next column for flounder fishing, but outback won't drift. Also Outback turns quickly (narrower turn) when fishing structures.

The only bad part for me is carrying an Outback down to the water or up to the truck where a cart can't be used. It is too heavy for me.

Joe
                          Last edited by ComeOnFish; 10-08-2014, 07:13 AM.
                          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

• So, now that y'all have had them out on the water some, what height have you tried with the seat? Staying low?

I bet the highest position would be nice for flat water...and the backrest angle adjustment might keep Dao from falling over the side.
                            Last edited by Cowpokey; 10-14-2014, 10:45 PM. Reason: red
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

• The first day at cbbt, it was a little choppy and I stayed in the low and medium positions. Once I got used to the high position, I find it to actually be really stable and have had it in the highest position most of the time (probably around 50 hours total on it at this point). If it is really choppy, I may go for a middle setting. I don't really like the lowest setting. I would probably save that for the most extreme conditions.

Comment

• Did you stand on it yet? If you can stand on it, then I feel good about getting one instead of a PA

Comment

Working...
                                X