2015 Hobie Outback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
    Did you stand on it yet? If you can stand on it, then I feel good about getting one instead of a PA
    It has been windy and/or choppy pretty much every time I have been out with it so far and have not bothered standing yet. I will try this weekend, but I am sure it is really good for standing.

Not really sure why you would bother with a PA, unless you have a bunch of extra cash burning a hole in your pocket and have a really easy way to transport on of those things. I already know of at least a few guys who are getting rid of their PA and switching to the new outback. I still don't understand how you would paddle one back from a place like cbbt if something went wrong. I know they make my paddle in a 260 and wish I got that length now that I have the outback, but I think you would need a 280 or 300 to paddle a PA any distance and I don't know of any paddles that long.

Comment

• This is what I think of when it comes to paddling anything wider than an Outback:

Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

• Since the My revo is so old and scratched up, I'm just going to keep it and use it for saltwater. The new one is for bass fishing so I can stand. PA is nice because I know you can stand on that but the weight sucks. I do plan on getting a pickup so that's no longer an issue.

Plus I'm tired of getting my ass wet on the revo and getting these rashes on my ass due to hitting in water for 12 hrs!.

I rather get a outback because it's cheaper and if I'm able to stand on it.. sold!

Comment

• Finally got a first hand look at a 2015 outback today. The thing is so wide its like two revos put together! I think I will be upgrading to one but i don't think it will fit on the kayak rack on my truck. I have 2 j-bars on there now but I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get rid of the double setup because that thing is so wide.
          Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
          X