I would like to fish this evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to fish this evening

I have been out on my new Tarpon 12 once. I just got the boat and kind of have it rigged. I was really hoping to get out this evening and was wandering if anyone had any advice on where I should go. I live in Forest Hill so I was thinking the Susquehanna but I am not sure about how it will be by myself on the river. I am looking for something safe and relatively easy until I get this figured out. Any advice is appreciated. I would like to fish from late afternoon/early evening until dark. Thanks.
    Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
    Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

they are opening 4 small gates at 3:00,so if you go to the susky ,I would maybe recommend putting at tydings memorial park in havre de grace,the 4 gates wont effect that area that much if at all.
    Snow Camo Lure 11.5
    Pod mounted 30lbs trolling motor
    Hummingbird Helix 5
    Kayak fishing and inviting! Doing what I love!

Comment

I took Sparkys advice and went to Broad Creek. Had the pleasure of meeting ChopperDoctor who was launching when I got there. We both started out throwing bigger plastics looking for a bass. No luck. I switched to my ultralight and started catching a bluegill on nearly every cast. Caught a few that would have been great for the pan but I passed on them as I was just fishing to fish. I got some great pointers from CD about being in a kayak. We had a good time. The weather was perfect, no bugs, except for some creepy big spider that decided the bow of my boat was a good place to be while in the middle of the water, that didn't last long. We had a great time and ChopperDoctor ended the day on the water by scoring two dozen nice crabs. He will have to tell that story!!! Anyhow, learning every trip. Main thing I learned today? When you have a 9 foot fly rod and a 7 foot spinning rod sticking straight up in your crate it is best not to paddle directly under a bunch of overhanging trees to retrieve a .39 cent trout magnet. No damage or losses but that could have been bad. I am officially hooked. Is it too early to be wanting to get into some bigger fish? I am hooked.
      Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
      Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Comment

Working...
      X