I need some weeds.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some weeds.....

I made a mod to my propel drive to keep the weeds out of the shaft and would like to try it out in some sea grass. I don't fish the Annapolis area much so does anybody know if there is any sea grass in the area? The last place I saw some was over towards chrisfield and that's quite a haul for me.

Thanks
    PigPen - Mt Airy
    Native Mariner 12.5

Originally posted by PigPen View Post
    I made a mod to my propel drive to keep the weeds out of the shaft and would like to try it out in some sea grass. I don't fish the Annapolis area much so does anybody know if there is any sea grass in the area? The last place I saw some was over towards chrisfield and that's quite a haul for me.

Thanks
    Tons on the susky flats. If you're in CC, piney run usually has tons too.

How is that propel drive in the weeds? What did you do to improve it?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Pigpen,

You may want to go to Mattingly Avenue Park, Mattingly Ave, Mattawoman Creek, Indian Head, MD. Go when the tides are right to. Heck you may even catch some snakeheads while your add it. All I caught there was bass.
      http://www.panoramio.com/photo/91152452.
      Maria
      GO RAVENS!!!
      D10 Ascend
      http://c85c7a.medialib.glogster.com/...lers-2-png.png

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
        Tons on the susky flats. If you're in CC, piney run usually has tons too.

How is that propel drive in the weeds? What did you do to improve it?
        So in thick mats of watermilfoil type stuff gets caught around the drive just like a rudder or skeg would. The gap between the gears box and the propeller is +1/8" leaving plenty of room to wind in plants sometimes requiring needle nose to pull out the stems. I thought about using duct tape to make sleeve to cover the gap but a fellow member suggested a plastic spacer to fill in the drive shaft area. I used a 2 1/4" hole saw to cut a washer from 3/32" plexiglass that I had lying around. Also needed a 5/16 drillbit for the center Doesn't seem like it will bind but we"ll see if I need to move to 1/8" nylon next.
        PigPen - Mt Airy
        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Broad creek or Piscataway creek on Potomac are full of hydrilla to within 1 foot of surface. Go at low tide and I guarantee weeds
          Hurricane Skimmer 128
          WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
          X