Nags Head Aug 23-30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nags Head Aug 23-30

Hello and planning on going down for my first ever trip to OBX-Nags Head and pretty excited. Lugging the kayaks down and have been scouring all the possible sites for information and have found all the maps and some reports for the sound fishing. I plan on doing some flounder fishing and anything else that will bite my hooks. Two things is anybody going down there the same week? Any suggestions on where to fish I think I will try the Washington Baum Bridge launch but any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. Does it rip down there around the bridge?

Thanks,
    Dao

Run over the Bonner Bridge to Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge and put in at their launch. Youll be glad you did. If you have 4wd, you can put the yak in on the OBX side under the bridge and on the otherside too. May not need 4wd at all now that I think about it. At least on the far side. Search yak fishing OBX, etc.
    Deadwood (Dave)
    West River & Miles River
    2-Old Town Dirigo 12's,2-Old Town Vapors 10ft, 1-NWSlayer Propel13.
    If you dont go, you wont know, and you got to have bait in the water.

Comment

In Duck, I've caught redfish and black drum in the sound. Very shallow in grassy areas on a jig and gulp shrimp.
      I've also caught blues and specks by the Army Corp of Engineers pier on the ocean side of Duck.
      Have fun. You should be able to catch plenty of fish.

Comment

Working...
      X