Finding bait near Bay bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding bait near Bay bridge

Last Monday, we tried hard to find some bait near the bay bridge with very little luck. We tried to find the wreck site with no luck, there were a bunch of crab pots in the water. Does anyone have the coordinate for the wreck site or easy direction to find it? If anyone want like to share an easy spot to find bait, I would greatly appreciated. You can just pm me if you don't want to put your spot on public forum on the internet.

Much appreciated,

Khanh

Just go to Anglers instead

Comment

Originally posted by imagine29028 View Post
      But I already spent money on fishbites...
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

If you go near where the wreck site is marked on the map they should be there... Not always right on it but usually nearby. Fish bite/ night crawler combo works best for me...
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by imagine29028 View Post
          Someone once told me, 'a good fisherman catch his own baits'. No offense to people who buy bait from tackle shops. Its great that you support the local economy but I prefer to catch my own bait

Khanh

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
            Someone once told me, 'a good fisherman catch his own baits'. No offense to people who buy bait from tackle shops. Its great that you support the local economy but I prefer to catch my own bait

Khanh
            It was a joke...

Im all for catching your own bait...

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
              If you go near where the wreck site is marked on the map they should be there... Not always right on it but usually nearby. Fish bite/ night crawler combo works best for me...
              I was looking at the map image on my phone, and trying to find it while we were on the water, but was unsuccessful. It isn't loaded in the map that came with my Lowrance Elite-4 HDI, I'm guessing this is one of those times having the Navonics chip would have made it easier?

The wreck is the symbol circled in red, correct? What is the "pile" circled in green?

BayBridgeMap_wreck.jpg

Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Yes, I usually find them near the red circle. There was a free mail in rebate thing for the nav chip when I got my Lowrence 4 hdi in June, but I thought there was some kind of mark on the map before I put the chip in, not sure...
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                  The wreck is the symbol circled in red, correct? What is the "pile" circled in green?
                  S Pile means Submerged Pile and is usually an old post from a pier. As for the wreck on the chart, remember the "PA" next to it means Position Approximate.
                  2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                  Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                    Yes, I usually find them near the red circle. There was a free mail in rebate thing for the nav chip when I got my Lowrence 4 hdi in June, but I thought there was some kind of mark on the map before I put the chip in, not sure...
                    I bought mine begining of April, that deal wasn't out yet. I didn't see any marks for this, I do have contour, sounding numbers, bouys and some other markings for the bay...but not everything.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
                      S Pile means Submerged Pile and is usually an old post from a pier. As for the wreck on the chart, remember the "PA" next to it means Position Approximate.
                      Cool, thanks for the info. Is there a chart marks for dumbies you could point me to?

I may have found an "S Pile", I went over something stange...looked like a white box sitting on the bottom. I tried finding it again, but even zooming in as much as possible on my chart, and going back over my track a few times, it vanished.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                        Cool, thanks for the info. Is there a chart marks for dumbies you could point me to?
                        NOAA Chart 1 describes everything... http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/mcd/chartno1.htm

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Originally posted by reel-em-in View Post
                          NOAA Chart 1 describes everything... http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/mcd/chartno1.htm
                          I never noticed that on the main page... :doh:
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                          X