No announcement yet.

May 8 CHSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They look nice, Ryan. Do you remove the skin and trim off the dark meat? We leave the skin on to protect against direct heat.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Normally I leave the skin on, but wanted to trim the red meat off since they were big fish
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I thought about reusing the skin to protect the meat a little after trimming, but ended up not doing that.

It was still yum!
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
          I thought about reusing the skin to protect the meat a little after trimming, but ended up not doing that.

It was still yum!
          I did the same thing Shady, removed the skin to cut out all the blood...so far not much shrinkage.
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Man I saw a line of yaks out there, I should have stopped by. I was mainly tog fishing. Caught a 15", 17", 18" and a few shorts,. The 18" was super preggers, so I threw it back. I tried drifting a few minnows, but caught no flounder. Supposedly they're not really coming into the bay because the big blues. I'm jealous of you guys that caught one.

P5090019.jpgP5090016.jpg

Didn't really go for blues, because I decided to donate my rod and reel to Neptune (the god of the sea). It had my only spoon with metal leader, that I bought for this trip. Anyone ever get their hands so slippery their rod flies out of your hands, while one handed casting? yeah.... Sad thing is, I have rod leashes... I was going to latch it after I casted... I need to rethink that order. and probably get some rod floats.

bittersweet trip. Love the new Outback, don't think I could have fished these holes without it.

Comment

Originally posted by kuljc View Post
              Man I saw a line of yaks out there, I should have stopped by. I was mainly tog fishing. Caught a 15", 17", 18" and a few shorts,. The 18" was super preggers, so I threw it back. I tried drifting a few minnows, but caught no flounder. Supposedly they're not really coming into the bay because the big blues. I'm jealous of you guys that caught one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15688[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15687[/ATTACH]

Didn't really go for blues, because I decided to donate my rod and reel to Neptune (the god of the sea). It had my only spoon with metal leader, that I bought for this trip. Anyone ever get their hands so slippery their rod flies out of your hands, while one handed casting? yeah.... Sad thing is, I have rod leashes... I was going to latch it after I casted... I need to rethink that order. and probably get some rod floats.

bittersweet trip. Love the new Outback, don't think I could have fished these holes without it.
              We all learned the lesson hard way. Since DE tog season will be closed soon. Some of us will head for south (VA) for flounder and big redfish. I don't know where you live. But I hope you can join us.

I may come back to CHSP for trigger fish and Grey trout (weak fish) in July. I will post fishing reports or where I will be fishing.

Joe
              Fish like there's no tomorrow.
              Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                We all learned the lesson hard way. Since DE tog season will be closed soon. Some of us will head for south (VA) for flounder and big redfish. I don't know where you live. But I hope you can join us.

I may come back to CHSP for trigger fish and Grey trout (weak fish) in July. I will post fishing reports or where I will be fishing.

Joe
                Joe was telling me there are a bunch of flounder in CBBT, and you don't even need to go that far out. I'll definitely be going down to try it out. It'd be fun to fish with some of you guys that know the area.

EDIT: HAHAHA I wrote a reply to you, about you.... i'm tired.

Comment

I found a mixed bag of fish today. Fished from land in the fog early caught three weakies biggest 7 lbs and a couple small blues. When it got a little nicer in the afternoon I got the yak back in the water and found some flounder!! Biggest one was 21" got quite a few keepers. Great weekend of fishing in Delaware!!

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Romo; 05-11-2015, 09:50 AM.
                  Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Nice variety! I approve of your choice of beverage also, wheat beer is like a loaf of bread in a bottle.
                    Originally posted by Romo View Post

Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Weakies are there already? It is a very good news.
                      Well, I may change my fishing plan.

Joe
                      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Sweet! Can't wait to catch some flounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
                          I found a mixed bag of fish today. Fished from land in the dog early caught three weakies biggest 7 lbs and a couple small blues. When it got a little nicer in the afternoon I got the yak back in the water and found some flounder!! Biggest one was 21" got quite a few keepers. Great weekend of fishing in Delaware!!

Nice fish Romo!
                          What were you using when you fished from land?
                          -Mustafa
                          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                          2016 Hobie Outback
                          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I was actually flounder fishing with a bucktail and pink gulp along this wall and couldn't believe when that weakie hit. It was real beat up to begin with and since it took me a while to scale the rocks and land it she didn't survive. Caught some small blues and a couple small weakies too. Flounder fished a completely different area to escape the wind
                            Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Man looks like an EPIC weekend! Congrats to you all.

Ryan - beautiful weakie!
                              Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

I wish I would have had the same luck, there wasn't much going on at the walls yesterday. It seems the blues have moved on or weren't there in numbers, but it could have been from all of the boat pressure; it resembled more of a cove boat party than anything else. Tog was spotty with most being small and I tried for flounder around the pier to no avail.

Comment

Working...
                                X