Fishin' for some Recon (get it?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishin' for some Recon (get it?)

My brother is coming up from GA with his family and we're all going to DE next week for a little vacation. He's not a fisherman or a kayaker but he wants to go out and give it a shot so I want to take him out and maybe catch some dinner! We're staying in Ocean View near the Indian River Inlet but I was thinking we should fish the canals by the Roosevelt Inlet (near CHSP). Any recon on the area and whats biting would be awesome!
    - Justin
    2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
    2018 Jackson Coosa

Should be flounder, schoolie striper, and croaker around. Be careful in the canals with weekend boat traffic. Those big boats push a lot of water and when it hits the shallows it can really surprise you and turn into a big problem. Call Delaware Paddle Sports and see if they have any fresher intel.

There are a couple of spots in IRI that are kayakable. I think one is called Massey’s ditch or something. It used to be a decent flounder spot but it’s been years since I have been up there.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Thanks for the intel! I've been to Massey's once and we timed it poorly... it was a little too early for flounder and current RIPS through right at the boat launch and it took forever to get back...
      - Justin
      2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
      2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

Working...
      X