7-5 Roosevelt inlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-5 Roosevelt inlet

Met up with snaggedliner dehic yesterday and we fished the inlet. Once the current s tarted moving the flounder started biting. Lost several good ones and caught 4 fish. All were keepers. Took my 3 fish home around 10:30 with them still biting.0705191121a_HDR.jpg

Fished the heck outta that place jigging bucktails about two weeks ago, and got nothing. Sheesh, now they bite....I guess that's how it works.....anyway, good job!
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Yea that's usually how it goes tufnik have to be there at the right time.

Comment

Nice job Mike, congtrats on the keepers.
        2015 Hobie Revolution 13
        2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Thanks went back out today and it was very slow. I got 1 keeper and 1 short.

Comment

Man... I fished this the week before the holiday and got nothing! I don't know the area very well and was just exploring but even a few shorts would have made the trip worth the trouble...
            - Justin
            2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
            2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

Not a bad deal landing all keepers!
              Brian

Comment

Were you guys drifting using minnows?
                John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
                MK Endura Max 55 backup power
                Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

I was using a bucktail with white gulp

Comment

Sure is easier than taking life minnows along.
                    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
                    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
                    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

I’ve been out twice since my trip with Mike. Caught lots of shorts with at least four between 15 an 16 inches. I think Mike must have cleaned the area out!
                      Next week I think I’ll try Massey’s Ditch.
                      Anyone try for Tog since July 1?
                      Bill
                      Bill
                      Nucanoe Frontier 12

Comment

Originally posted by DEHIC View Post
                        I’ve been out twice since my trip with Mike. Caught lots of shorts with at least four between 15 an 16 inches. I think Mike must have cleaned the area out!
                        Next week I think I’ll try Massey’s Ditch.
                        Anyone try for Tog since July 1?
                        Bill
                        How is yakking at Massey’s? Checked out the ramp last weekend and it looked like the current was ripping there and a lot of not traffic.

Comment

I fished RI on the 6th last weekend. Slow morning start in Canary Creek targeting stripers. Nothing so I moved into the canal a bit in front of UD rocks and caught a 16in striper. A few cast later I hooked into a cow nosed ray, it was a fun fight with my medium rod and 2500 sizes reel. Moved back towards canary creek and hooked into what I believe was a decent sized blue fish. I was getting pulled into the Pilottown rd bridge trying to put my rods down and fighting the current and fighting the fish. It broke me off as I was trying to push myself off the bridge. I was mad about that one lol.

I’ll be down next weekend most likely for Saturday and Sunday if anybody wants to meet up one of the days.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Fish123 View Post
                            How is yakking at Massey’s? Checked out the ramp last weekend and it looked like the current was ripping there and a lot of not traffic.
                            I went to Masseys landing boat ramp on my first trip in my kayak. I didn’t go to the ditch but went left to the shallow water area where there were some boats drifting. All I caught was a skate who was large enough to take me for a nice ride. Enjoyed myself none the less. Returning to the ramp was a bear because of the incoming tide. Next time I may use the ramp in the IRI marina area to gain access to the ditch. I will however use the incoming tide to get to the ditch and the outgoing for the return trip. I also will probably avoid the weekend rush.
                            There is also a kayak put in off the highway about a mile from the Marina entrance. It looks like it is a little further from the ditch than the other two access points but will have less “big boat traffic.
                            Bill
                            Nucanoe Frontier 12

Comment

Working...
                            X