January Delaware Pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Delaware Pond

I went to a Delaware pond today with two friends- Gary Gray and Don Vance. We were hunting Pickerel. It was a great day for a January outing: air54; water49; little wind; and overcast skies. Gary and I spent most of the day looking, but not catching any Pickerel. We concentrated on shallow water areas where lily pads are found in the summer. But they weren't there or not interested. Don finally found their hiding spot- deep water. I finally hooked a nice 23+" Pickerel on a Big Nose Spinner (thanks Stu!). I tried throwing the fly rod, but they would not hit anything I put out. I managed a couple more small ones as I worked my way back to the launch. Don had a great day- not sure how many, but over a dozen. Gary also got into some nice ones after i left.
    2020-01-13 15.25.01.jpg, 2020-01-13 15.34.13.jpg

Might try again on Wednesday before the cold comes back!
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Nice going John. You took advantage of some mild January weather and brought some fish over the gunwale. Those Bignose spinners definitely catch fish.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Outstanding John.

The Blue Hen state grows big pickerel!
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

And that fish was landed by a St. Croix LW. Love those rods!
        John Rentch
        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by J. Rentch;166035 I finally hooked a nice 23+" Pickerel on a Big Nose Spinner (thanks Stu!).
          [ATTACH=CONFIG
          25908[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]25909[/ATTACH]

Might try again on Wednesday before the cold comes back!

I will have about 2 dozen more just like it at the HOW Flea Market Saturday, plus just about any other color combo you might want

Stu

Comment

Working...
          X