Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back into Kayak Fishing!

Hi All!
    Peggy here. I fished with a terrific group of guys in Maryland on the Chesapeake for a few years, then moved to Lewes DE, sold my slayer 13 Propel and tried boating. Too stressful, so I just bought a Native 12.5 Max today and will be selling my Boston Whaler 170 Montauk (if your interested)I’d love to hook up with anyone going out local to this area. Pulled in some decent tog at Indian River Inlet from the walkway but would like to join anyone going to the inner wall on our kayaks in spring, or just anywhere for great fishing. Please keep me in mind if you want company fishing. Thanks.
    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
    Cobra Explorer

Hi Peggy -

Welcome back to the kayak angling world. I wondered what had happened to you. I too just sold my center console boat and will devote my water time to kayaks and fishing guides.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Hi John,
      Thanks for the welcoming. I was delighted to pick up your book at Delaware paddle Sports last week and was telling all my fishing friends how you taught me how to kayak fish. I live a mile from boat ramps at Canary creek, so if you are ever in the area and want to go fishing, I’d love to see you again.

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
      Hi Peggy -

Welcome back to the kayak angling world. I wondered what had happened to you. I too just sold my center console boat and will devote my water time to kayaks and fishing guides.
      Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
        Hi All!
        Peggy here. I fished with a terrific group of guys in Maryland on the Chesapeake for a few years, then moved to Lewes DE, sold my slayer 13 Propel and tried boating. Too stressful, so I just bought a Native 12.5 Max today and will be selling my Boston Whaler 170 Montauk (if your interested)I’d love to hook up with anyone going out local to this area. Pulled in some decent tog at Indian River Inlet from the walkway but would like to join anyone going to the inner wall on our kayaks in spring, or just anywhere for great fishing. Please keep me in mind if you want company fishing. Thanks.
        How much you asking for the Whaler?
        Native Titan Propel 12
        Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI

Solo Skiff
        Mercury 6hp
        Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI
        Minn Kota Riptide Powerdrive w/ Spot-Lock

Comment

+1 on whaler price... My kayak time has been slashed due to starting a family. It would be nice to take them out on the water!
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

2008 Montauk 170. Bimini roof, not sure of hours but bought it from dealer who said low hours. I just don’t use it, so I will sell it for $19k. Had it serviced every year I’ve owned. ( 4 years) at Taylor Marine in Delaware. And just had the water pump replaced because I didn’t know how old it was. Works like a champ. Excellent condition. Call me on 3015801021 if interested.
            Originally posted by CHOC View Post
            How much you asking for the Whaler?
            Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

Peggy!!!!! Welcome back. So you went over to the dark side of boating, but you found your way back to us. Welcome back.
              MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
              2016 Hobie Outback LE
              Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
              https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Thanks, Moc! I hope to fish with you again some time. If you are ever around Lewes, De and fishing the canal or inner wall, let me know and I'll join you.
                Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

Hi Peggy, we have a house in long neck and I try to fish canary creek and the canal from time to time. I plan on going out tomorrow during the incoming high tide at some point. I also have a slayer max, great boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome back, Peggy!
                    I’ll give you a shout when I venture your way for
                    flounder &/or blues.

Comment

Late post, but welcome back, That creek holds nice fish, Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X