Cape Henolopen/Lewes Friday June 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cape Henolopen/Lewes Friday June 12th

Hey guys I’m heading to Delaware for the weekend and am looking at going out Friday morning or later in the afternoon. Anyone care to join? Thinking about targeting some flounder in the canal .

Well went out on Friday but got a late start. Got to the lewes boat ramp at dead low tide which is one of the lowest tides I’ve ever seen in that area. I wanted to see if I could find any stripers and drifted the whole way down the canal casting at structure only getting a few hits. Tried some jigging at the drawbridge for striper and flounder which produced nothing. Went back to the Roosevelt inlet trying for flounder again getting lots of short strikes. I caught a CNR which was fun for a few minutes at least but lost the only flounder rig I brought with me which was a 1/2 bucktail tipped with pink gulp and a teaser hook above that also tipped with chartreuse gulp. Saw an interesting sod bank with some current on my way back to the ramp so stopped to thrown a 4in paddle rail with 3/8 jighead and had a few short strikes again but nothing to show for it. Headed in after that.

I didn’t notice any boats catching any flounder in the cans from the boat ramps to bridges. Was a slow day fishing.

I wanted to get back out on Sunday but when I got to the ramp it was blowing a sustained 20-25 mph so I decided to call it a day and fish from a creek bank which also yielded nothing but a lost lure.

Hopefully the wind settles down at the end of the week but it’s not looking good til Friday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the nice report, seems to be a "Fire and Ice" season so far. Bites Hot, then it's not.

Glad you got out to explore, I love that area, just no luck there the three times I've been to Henelopen.

Yak67
      2017 Hobe PA-12 Camo
      2019 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Yak67 View Post
        Thanks for the nice report, seems to be a "Fire and Ice" season so far. Bites Hot, then it's not.

Glad you got out to explore, I love that area, just no luck there the three times I've been to Henelopen.

Yak67
        2017 Hobe PA-12 Camo
        2019 Hobie Outback
        I’ve had decent luck in the past. Back in the creeks there are some good size stripers and blues if you’re lucky. The flounder fishing is usually pretty good. A report I read at the Henolopen fishing pier said the flounder bite was hot today. I’ll be there in the morning hoping for some keeper flounder.

Comment

I fished the inlet 2weeks ago and all I got was a small ray. Will be back down there around the 4th of July.

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
            I fished the inlet 2weeks ago and all I got was a small ray. Will be back down there around the 4th of July.
            Nice I’ll be down there pretty much until the 12th of July except here and there to run home for mail and grass cutting. Let me know if you would like to fish together.

Comment

sounds good i'll let you know.

Comment

Went out this morning again. Only targeted flounder and had 3 shorts and one just shy of 16.5. As soon as the tide started going out the bite completely shut off.

Comment

Working...
                X