Cape Henlopen fishing pier question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cape Henlopen fishing pier question

Can someone tell me if the pier is accessible to a person in a wheel chair?

Thanks,

John
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Yes the pier is handicap accessible

Comment

Great. I am taking the wife down to Lewes for a day trip and plan to hit the pier after walking around with her. Any bait suggestions for this time of year?
      John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Not sure if shop is still open but they have a gold cart and will give handicapped people rides out to the end of the pier. The mullet run is starting I would definitely have a mullet rig ready. The pier shop sometimes has fresh mullet but Icehouse in Lewes should definitely have some. I haven’t fished the pier since June but I surf fish CHSP. Fishbites bloodworms are good for spot not sure how the spot fishing is though. If you have Facebook check out Lighthouse View Bait and Tackel. They post almost daily reports. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Fish, great information.

I surf fished up and down the East Coast and always loved the September/October runs. I'm too old and too arthritic to throw "8 and bait" into the surf but I'll take a 7 foot rod to the pier and see how I do.
          John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

I think shop closed last week . there are 2 shops on the way in towards the park . https://www.lewesharbourmarina.com/

Comment

Originally posted by elkfish2 View Post
              I think shop closed last week . there are 2 shops on the way in towards the park . https://www.lewesharbourmarina.com/
              I’m planning on fishing the point later today. I will check to see if pier shop is open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went yesterday and it was a nice trip. Unfortunately, our trip time and the tide times didn't work out so I didn't get any fish. I did see one guy out towards the end getting spot, probably on blood worms. A 24 inch flounder was caught there a couple of days ago.

The bait shop at the pier was open but all I bought was cold drinks as I bought my fresh mullet from Henlopen Bait and Tackle on the way in. Be advised, there are a million birders and bikers in the park at this time of year.

This was our first trip to the park since the hurricane wrecked the pier. What a shame they haven't come up with a way to fund rebuilding it.
                John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Working...
                X